What protein drink tastes best (hair related)

Sweetyb

I'm probably the only one here who drinks these, but I drink BOOST protein shakes. I get them from VONS or Savon Drugs. I found the 6 packs accidentally marked as "$1.68... Savings: $5.33", so I stocked up. LOL@ VONS. They have Vanilla (kinda thick but "ok"), Chocolate (nice n sweet), Strawberry (this one's down in less than a minute, it's so good), and a new flavor Mocha, which I haven't tried yet.
I've been drinking them since the start of the year like every 2-3 days and at the same time I've noticed that a good 4" or so of new growth have a tighter and silkier curl pattern than the rest of my hair. I'm sticking with it.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
AnnDriena_ said:
I read a post by one girl who got almost 2 inches of new growth in one month. She ate lots of fish and eggs and drank a protein shake once a day. Her protein intake ended up being like 132 mg a day. Have any of you ladies drank protein shakes before?
Which shake tastes the best and will give me the most protein?
Can I add a banana to thicken it up and help with taste?
Thank you for all your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know where the orignal post is about this person? I vaguely remember it. She actaully mentions specifically everything that she is eating/taking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey balletbun!!

I think that this is it... How I Got Two Inches in One Month

[/ QUOTE ]

Bellydancer ... thank you for finding that
!!!!

peacelove

[ QUOTE ]
AnnDriena_ said:
Thanks. Do you know the best way besides Fish/eggs to get the most protein and gain the least amount of weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever considered taking wheatgrass shots? Wheatgrass is high in protein and your system absorbs it quickly if taken on an empty stomach. I do not have the stomach for it though. So I go to a healthfood store and get an energy shake with wheatgrass in it. But the best way to take it is in a shot.

asummertyme

i drink myoplex cafe carmel, of cappucino...i love the taste and its packe dwith protien...low fat and calories..
i drink it everyday....

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I use the slimfast or designer whey....both in vanilla.

When I do the designer whey I add ice cubes, some water or skim milk or fruit juice, maybe a half a banana, some strawberries maybe a little low carb yogurt...I may add splenda too, if it's not sweet enough. But you have to watch the calories if you're concerned about weight gain, as the shake mix has some, as does the fruit and stuff you add to it. Start adding juice and stuff and you can easily make a 400 calorie shake without knowing it.

May not matter to you so much, but it's a concern for me so I thought I'd mention it.

When I do the slimfast - which I do more frequently - I get 20 grams of protein and I don't have to do any extra work OR be concerned about weight gain. It's tastes well enough. I don't drink them for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may try the slimfast because I know with it I wont have to add a whole bunch of extra for it to taste good. which slimfast are you using that has 20 grams of protein? you mean the low carb ones?? God bless you all.

asummertyme

the only thing about slim fast drinks r , they have alot of sugar....but i do think they have the low carb drinks now...

B

ballet_bun

what kind of sweeteners are in your(everyones) protein powder?

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:
which slimfast are you using that has 20 grams of protein? you mean the low carb ones?? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xcellence2

I just started drinking the protein drinks not for my hair but as part of my exercise regimen. Anyway my trainer recommended the Chocolate Protein Delite, a tablespoon of peanut butter and 8 ozs of low carb chocolate milk made by Hoods. Throw in 5-6 ice cubes and give it a whirl in the blender. It tastes like a peanut butter cup.

LABETT

I never thought of adding a sweetener to my protein shakes I am going to try it.
I am changing to Sassygirl protein drink Isopure the man at the Vitamin world just told me this one is the best and my
GNC Optium Whey shake is full of fillers and not real protein drink.

B

ballet_bun

I wasn't asking if you guys ADD sweeteners. I was wondering which INGREDIENT is used as a sweetner in your protein powder. I just got a thing of protein powder, but I noticed that it has sucralose in it. It's too late to take it back, since it's already opened.

It has a little bit of a strange taste. I don't like artifcial sweeteners. They always taste weird ... like diet soda ... how do you cover up the taste? I don't want to throw it out!

Tracy

I've never had a protein shake taste sweet on me unless it was ready to use (in a can, like Ensure or Slimfast).

Try adding fruit to mask the taste of the shake with natural sugar. It might taste better then....

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I never thought of adding a sweetener to my protein shakes I am going to try it.
I am changing to Sassygirl protein drink Isopure the man at the Vitamin world just told me this one is the best and my
GNC Optium Whey shake is full of fillers and not real protein drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats good about it and does it taste good? optimum whey is filled with fillers?????
God bless you all.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I've never had a protein shake taste sweet on me unless it was ready to use (in a can, like Ensure or Slimfast).

Try adding fruit to mask the taste of the shake with natural sugar. It might taste better then....

[/ QUOTE ]

I added some bananas, and it helped a little. I think I will add honey or something. That might help.

Hey ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm bumping this thread so I can rave about a protein drink that I think is absolutely delicious, and seems to have helped with hair growth!

It's Low Carb Ultra Met Chocolate Fudge, and it is so yummy! I have been drinking at least two of these per day with a banana mixed in and I think I am addicted! /images/graemlins/fat.gif

The powder comes in packets that you can mix with water without a blender, and it is not chalky at all. I think it can function as a meal replacement as well, because when I drink it (especially with the banana blended in) I am SO full. This shake is just sooo good- I have tried a lot and this is the first one that I actually look forward to drinking everyday (probably because it is sweet /images/graemlins/lick.gif)! It even trumps a former favorite, MLO Vegetable Protein.

Here's some more info: http://www9.netrition.com/champion_low_carb_ultramet_page.html