*Ducks and dodges back into Hair Care Tips* LOOKS TO SAFE!PRECEED TO ENTER TROOPS

RavenIvygurl said:
did I say something wrong?

Nope. Not that I recall. :)

None of it matters anymore. The thread is now sitting in the valley of lost threads, along with lots of others that we've removed in the past. It's in the Admin forum, where it shall remain for all eternity! LOL!

We can all go back to our regularly sceduled threads! :lol:

pebbles said:
There is a better way to discuss this issue, but folks missed it by miles and miles on that thread. Some of the responses were down right tacky and uncalled for. There were some classy ladies on the thread who made their point tastefully. And yet others. . .

If we can't learn to speak to each other with some respect, these conversations don't have their place here. They may be necessary conversations, but I guarantee you that they won't take place here in that manner. :look:

Pebbles I so agree with this.

Dannygirl...I agree with BlackBarbie. Be careful who you let trim those ends. Some people go TOOOO far with a simple trim. Let us know what you decided. (but dont hold on to them if they really look chewed up to you.)

Letitia said:
Pebbles I so agree with this.

Dannygirl...I agree with BlackBarbie. Be careful who you let trim those ends. Some people go TOOOO far with a simple trim. Let us know what you decided. (but dont hold on to them if they really look chewed up to you.)

Boy, can I testify to the bolded part! :lol:

pistachio said:
But to answer your question, I'd say yeah cut them 1/4" with a good razor or shears. I read an article several years back, and they even mention not using "regular scissors" because they aren't sharp enough, and will cut the cuticle in such a blunt fashion that it'll allow for polluted air in the environment to seep into the cuticle:eek:

Hi Pistachio,

How do you trim or dust with a razor? I'd love to try that.

Re: *Ducks and dodges back into Hair Care Tips* LOOKS TO SAFE!PRECEED TO ENTER TROOP

chewed up ends are no fun and just add to your misery. cut them off and you'll be much happier

I agree whole heartedly w/that, weather your natural or relaxed keeping the ends clean is better for the hair over all. I would only do 1/4 all around though. This is what I normally take off every other t-up just to keep my ends "safe" as I call it.
shunta said:
Go ahead and trim. Dead looking, chewed up ends are not cute.

Royal Glory said:
Hi Pistachio,

How do you trim or dust with a razor? I'd love to try that.

Honestly I'm not quite sure since I personally NEVER trim my hair. I used to, but it seemed like my ends would frizz up after I finished styling. Maybe I didn't do it right, because I did use regular scissors, and blunt ones at that.

Please please PLEASE don't trim your hair with a razor!! You'll just end up with tons of split ends, which means you'll have to cut even more hair off. Just invest in a pair of nice shears.

VeeJai said:
Please please PLEASE don't trim your hair with a razor!! You'll just end up with tons of split ends, which means you'll have to cut even more hair off. Just invest in a pair of nice shears.

Oh, okay. I have a nice pair of shears that I use. I just thought the razor idea sounded simple for splits. But thanks for the caution, VeeJai!

StrawberryQueen said:
The Razor sounds dangerous. Just invest in a good pair of shears-they'll actually be pretty close to being razor sharp.

Not only dangerous, but very split-prone for hair. Since it cuts the hair in a / formation instead of a | like we want.

You mines well use househols scissors for that.

I have a question on the scissor thing.
I bought some of the cheap ones from sally’s is this something I should not use since I am sure the professional 100.00 ones MUST be better for your hair, how important is it that you invest in professional sheers?

pistachio said:
hehe. yeah I just posted something that was actually constructive in another thread:) There are forty less people viewing now. Maybe humans beings are inheriently attracted to drama;)
What went on? BOOOO! I always miss the drama. ALWAYS. Since day one..I'm always like "what?what? what went on?" <sulks in the corner>

Which forum was it in?

Last edited:
Royal Glory said:
Oh, okay. I have a nice pair of shears that I use. I just thought the razor idea sounded simple for splits. But thanks for the caution, VeeJai!
I can't recall where I read/heard it but razors on curly hair/black hair causes split ends...guaranteed.

Back