any hair stylists on board?? i need help i had a major setback

mzhotniz86

:) Hi guys!! I havent been on here in a minute. been goin thru some things :( . anyway, i got my hair relaxed a few weeks ago after an 11 week stretch. my stylist didnt trim it because she had just trimmed it 3 weeks earlier. after the relaxer she sat me under the dryer with rollers, took them out flat ironed my hair and THEN curled it with hot curlers on top of that. My hair was straight and then after a few days the shedding came, along with the breakage of the split ends. my hair has been breaking off ever since. Im so upset because i thought i was doing such a good job and now my ends are thinner than usual and my hair keeps getting shorter and shorter. i need advice. im going to be checking out a few salons today and hopefully they specialize in hair care. ive just been throwing my hair in a ponytail lately because im too nervous to straighten it and wear it down. im also embarassed at how bad it looks. my ends are horrible. i think im gonna have to get it cut. im scared its not gonna grow back the length it was before.if i glide the comb through it and hold my hair up , you can see right through it and there is always so much hair in the comb.

candy1214

perhaps she didnt neutralize your hair thouroughly.

go and get some neutralizing poo for your next wash and deep condition w/ a protein condish. Aveda DR, Aphogee, Emergencee or Aubrey Organic's GPB are good ones.

Hopefully your shedding and breakage will stop from there. HTH:)

kittenz

Sorry you are going through this but you don't need a stylist on this board to offer good advice. Believe me each one of the ladies on here can offer good bits of it. Now you can join the group of ladies here that believe many stylist are evil. I hope you find one that cares about the health of your hair more than the look or length. Good luck;)

mzhotniz86

thank u. yeh the only reason i had asked it because i was doing all these things, and it seem like im not doing something right. the other stylist i went to said the same thing. she said if i come to her on friday shes gonna trim it and give me a protein treatment and style it so i can wear it down. that way i can see how much shedding i have. the only reason im going to a salon is cause my b-day is on friday and i dont want my hair to look ugly :). but gawd. my ponytail is so short and thin its ridiculous. the only thing i dont kno how to do is trim. pray for me!!! lol