dudley, drc-28: now i'm curious

sylviaetc

dudley, drc-28: now i\'m curious

has anyone ever used this at home? supergirl mentioned that it was so good that it was best used in a salon. (paraphrasing) being curious i went to the dudley website and they don't even mention it; it's like top secret or something! i did a net search and out of all the internet only 3 hits came up! whats going on? is it that much of an enigma? one of the 3 sites i went to was suggesting that it could be used on 1a 1b hairtypes who have fried their hair with too many colorants.
"L" i see it all the time in my lil hair stops but i never thought anything of it; now the emerging PJ in me is curious. do you think if i bought and used it, i could damage my hair? i mean the bottle would have instructions on it, right?...

Spagirl

Re: dudley, drc-28: now i\'m curious

I would love to get my hands on some. It's supposed to be only sold to hairstylist. I've only seen the PCA in salon for sale to customers.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Well be sure and let us know how it goes if you do try it

miss_a

I love DRC... My stylist uses that on my hair about every 6 wks. I liken the DRC to a super advanced, rich woman's version of Aphogee. The DRC doesn't get your hair as hard as Aphogee though--but my hair loves the DRC 10K times more. My stylist always follows a relaxer up w/ DRC treatment, and another good product by Dudley's is their rinse. I actually prefer their rinse over Sebastians Colourshines(my stylist makes my rinse a combination of 3 colors, the Matador Red, Sienna Brown, and a yellow). AND everytime my hair comes out incredibly shiny, well nourished, and happy!

HTH.

A.

LABETT

i have used the drc at home several times and did not
have any problems and my hair turned out great.the key
is not to use to much of the product on your hair and
doing drc treatments every two to three weeks if your
hair is damaged.i have telephoned the dudley company
and was told you have to be a licensed hairstlist to
order drc so i had my hairsylist order it for me.

ms_kenesha

You can get it at the Beauty Supply near me, but it costs soooo much. I'll invest in it probably early next month. I'm going to stock up...I'm also going to get some GPB!
I've never seen the Dudley's rinses I'll have to look for that!

sylviaetc

thanx girls... i'm going to have to splurge and get a bottle. i've been looking for something top notch for so long to improve the strength of my hair... although, i think it was our resident hair connoisseur SSsssuper! GGggirl! lol who said that a good reconstructor should contain hydrolized human hair protein. does anyone know if drc contains this?
and...
while i have your attention *S* supergirl: you mentioned that you use joico k pac; is this a gel like emergencee?
one more thing: in a previous post you reccomended nexxus botonoil and keraphix for protein; can these be used daily or are they like emrgencee and can only be used every few weeks? thanx in advance...

caress

I saw somea while back at a beauty supply store near me for twenty-some dollars. I wasn;t convinced that I wanted to try it so I didn't buy it.

sylviaetc

twenty some dollars!!! thats a steal! most people see it for 40.00 and up; around here it cost 50.00....

miss_a

Honestly,

I would be leery if I saw DRC for $20 because that conditioner is as expensive as all get out! And Ms. Sylvia I have also tried a google search looking for the DRC to no avail--it truly is top secret. Ms Kenesha, I believe you would adore the rinses--they are incredible, I have been meaning to PM Tracy about those rinses for the longest, the red in my hair (although slight/subtle) when my strands are caught in the sunlight or flourescent (sic) light they have this beautiful sheen to them--I give full credit to the Matador red.
The website for Dudley products is www.dudleyq.com, although I warn y'all the website is not very complete--even my stylist has complained about this. Anyhow, the toll free number is 1-800-334-4150 for Dudley inquires--I'm sure someone might be able to call the customer service line and inquire about the DRC...

I'm sorry y'all--I could go on and on (like Badu) when it comes to the DRC and the Dudley Rinses. I swear the strands of my hair look nearly flawless and incredibly strong due to the DRC and the Rinse acting as a sealant.

HTH.

A.

sylviaetc

does anyone know where i can find the rinse; is it like a colorant? i've never colored my hair, i wonder if they carry a clear version...
btw: ms a, someone mentioned that they called the dudley hotline and was told that they only sell the drc to licensed hair stylist.

miss_a

Ms. Setc, yes you are right they do only sell to licensed hair stylist--but I was thinking maybe a quick call would yield a price for the DRC--that way you would be able to create a price range for the DRC-and see where you area falls when compared to that price.

The Dudley rinses are very similar to Colourshines-and yes they do carry a clear version. BUT honestly, a little colour never hurt anybody because it only deposits it does not lift. And Tracy mentioned about 4-6 months back that rinses have really proved beneficial to maintaining the condition of her hair and I so would have to agree. Rinses have made my hair's cuticle a lot smoother--I just love the product! And for those of y'all who know me--I rarely post, unless I find something just extraordinaire!

Have a lovely weekend.
A.

Have a lovely weekend.
A.

sylviaetc

a little color sounds wonderful but i wouldn't know what color to pick. i'm a chocolate sister,columbian coffee chocolate; does anyone have any color suggestions. lol and please don't say blond!!! i just saw a woman my complexion with a platinum blonde straw set weave and it made me blush for her lol

miss_a

Now you know Ms. Sylvia, Tracy is the resident hair guru on board
. BUT from a rinse standpoint, since the rinse really isn't a colour, but more of a shine, I think you need to look at your existing hair colour as well as your complexion. Case in point, my hair has a brown/sandy colour--so the red really showed up nicely b/c my existing hair colour was able to take well to the rinse. And if you wanted something a little drastic, you might want to try the true black--true black just makes strands look so rich; such a vivrant thing! However, if you go true black, I would take my complexion into consideration so you don't appear too washed out.

HTH.
A.

moneychaser

Dudley's Beauty College sells DRC 28 for $28.99 to licensed professionals. I am going to get a stylist to purchase my next bottle

L

LaNecia

A lady on this board was kind enough to sell me hers that she wasn't using. I'll give it a try this weekend and post back on Monday...

The PJ in me is running rampant throughout the streets!

so1913

I've purchased DRC in the past for prices between $40 and $50 a bottle from BBS