Dusting chin length hair

paragon1day

Ok, so I am really trying to be a self sufficient hair styler. I have combed the site and internet, but mostly the site, for ways to self relax and now I'm thinking I need to learn to dust my ends. I recall retaining the most length when my hair dresser trimmed my ends every 4-6 weeks.

So, I wanted to know if any of you relaxed ladies, that have been about chin length, dust your own ends in the past or present? I really want to reach my goal but I know I am going to have to do some dusting and I really don't feel like going somewhere and paying about $30 just to have them dust, literally dust, the ends off. Thanks for any answers you may provide :grin:

well im a self relaxer and a self duster, but i am not chin length. BUT if i was, i would just grab a small section of hair,(about half inch wide) put it between my pointer and middle fingers, then slide fingers down the hair until you get to the ends, stop when you have about 1/4 inch of hair on the bottom of fingers, take scissors and align them along under your dingers and snip. i hope i made scence.

Oh, do you do on wet or dry hair? At the salon they do it on wet hair but alot of DIYers seem to do it on dry hair...

Thanks!!! While diong some a bit more research for tools to assist in dusting and trimming I came across the Splitender. I'm really thinking about getting it to help with my hair. I saw a few ladies on youtube use it and it appears to work well.

I also did a little research on the site and a few of the ladies use it in between trims and whatnot. Soooo, I am gonna buy it in a few months since I got my kinky twists done.

Now on to research self relaxing!!!!!!

Back