dusting ....should I?

tri3nity

I have always gotten my ends "trimmed" at every relaxer. I just relaxed last week and wondering if I should dust my ends? They look fine (I think). Would this be a good preventive measure to avoid them from splitting?

MsBoinglicious

Dusting is most good for getting splits that may hide above your ends (mid shaft area). Trimming mostly only gets the ends. I like dusting. It makes the hair feel, move and look better!

ETA:My hair in my siggy was trimmed and dusted.

tada1

I would say that if your ends seem fine, do a search and destroy. I don't really see a need to trim hair that's healthy

bellebebe

I say go for it. I personally always dust after each relaxer. I love the way the hair looks afterwards.

bellebebe

I say go for it. I personally always dust after each relaxer. I love the way the hair looks afterwards.

tri3nity

I don't see any split ends. Am I supposed to be looking at each hair individually. Cause doing it that way they look clean and neat. My hair is growing out layers so I'm a little afraid. Maybe I will do a search and destroy.

ACEA

Hi Ladies, could someone please clarify the difference between trimming and dusting? I can tell by your responses, I must have the wrong idea/definition. Also, is dusting an actual term that a stylist would be familiar with?

Last edited: