Dyed my natural hair: Result: FAIL

tiffjust2002

Hey ladies,
So I decided to dye my hair because I was bored with it and the color didn't take all the way. :ohwell: I should have known, two years ago I dyed it "soft" black. I put quotations cause that ish is just like JET BLACK, anyhoo I thought after two years I should be good to go to dye it a lighter color, but nope. The color didn't take over the black part, only on my non-dyed grown out hair.

I used Clairol Textures and Tones for the soft black two years and for the current color of Cherrywood 4RC

2.jpg

1.jpg

0.jpg

But you know what? I'mma still rocking just like this, it might look crazy but I don't care, I like it :grin: I figure I'll cut some of the black off soon anyway when I re-do my layers and then eventually all the black will be gone.

My mom said it looks like the ombre effect :lachen:I said not really but thanks mom for making me feel better.

Do I look crazy or can I get away with it?

AFashionSlave

I think that your hair is cute.

It's really hard to lift permanent black or soft black once you have colored your hair.

You may have to see a professional if you want your hair to be all one color. You may have to go back to a colorist for two color sessions to get the color exactly how you want it.

ronie

Did not notice the color... too busy staring at your gorgeous natural hair. I don't know much about color, but it looks good to me. As someone else said: Ain't nothing fail about it.
Off topic: Royalq loving your new puff. Your hair has grown a lot. How long between the 2 pictures, and how long have you been post relaxer. Your texture looks like mines. CAre to share your reggie (please include protective style of choice). TIA
You can pm me instead so i don't hijack the OP's thread.

tiffjust2002

I think that your hair is cute.

It's really hard to lift permanent black or soft black once you have colored your hair.

You may have to see a professional if you want your hair to be all one color. You may have to go back to a colorist for two color sessions to get the color exactly how you want it.

Yea you are right but as in the famous line "ain't nobody got time for that" I surely don't :grin:

Lynnerie

Same thing happened to me too. I rocked it and then when my new growth started to grow in thats when it showed. But I didnt worry about it and neither should you. I put some henna over my hair to help blend the colors.