How can I naturally turn my black hair back black?

Tru_Mind

My hair is naturally black, but I used something in my hair months ago that had chlorine in it, and it gave my hair a brownish tint with blonde highlights. I've been wanting to dye it for months, and even thought I've always hated hair dye I dyed it last night.:sad:

My natural black hair looks like a wig, or fake if I use a black hair dye, so I decided to use Natural Instincts by Clairol, and the color is called "brown black/ebony mocha."

It came out ok, but I don't like seeing even more brown in my hair...that's why I dyed it in the first place.:ohwell: I thought that color would be closer to my natural black hair, because even though my hair is black direct sun shows the hint of brown...this is what natural black hair looks like...all races, so why doesn't this color hair dye exist?! :mad:

My mom bought me a black shampoo in HS(because a relaxer gave me brownish hair), but I want to continue to use my fav shampoo. I even tried Kalpi Tone, and nothing really changed.

I want to use something until the brownish hair grows out.

I did use a non-permanent dye so it will wash out, and fade.

I'm soooo afraid of henna, because it may be too dark too, but I love to see it in Indian women's hair.

Help!

TIA

Tru_Mind

Henna turns hair red. A henna/indigo mix usually creates a soft, natural looking black.

Thanks, I read about henna/indigo this morning. I don't know why, but it scares me....but I've been thinking about it.

I read that I would need assistance with henna/indigo. I don't have assistance.:lol:

I'm gonna go research it some more, and see what color hair people get after they use it.

Thanks again!

cutiebe2

Thanks, I read about henna/indigo this morning. I don't know why, but it scares me....but I've been thinking about it.

I read that I would need assistance with henna/indigo. I don't have assistance.:lol:

I'm gonna go research it some more, and see what color hair people get after they use it.

Thanks again!

I've done Inidgo on my hair both times...no help needed. I think you will be okay..just make sure to do your research

Tru_Mind

I've done Inidgo on my hair both times...no help needed. I think you will be okay..just make sure to do your research

I just did more research on henna/indigo, and I'm still afraid...especially since I just dyed my hair.

I swear I would cry if it came out wrong.:lol:

But some of the henna/indigo heads of hair were sooo pretty. I really don't want jet black hair, but I did see a couple black/brown mix heads (actually taken in the sun). That's what I want.:love:

Is their different colors of black...like a black/brown mix?

Last edited:

Tru_Mind

Rosemary for hair growth too.

Rosemary Growth Rinse

Rosemary is known to stimulate hair growth. A rinse made up of 1/4 cup of dried rosemary steeped in 2 cups of boiling water until tepid can be used as a treatment for thinning hair. Rosemary is also used to battle against dandruff.

Sage & Rosemary Tea Colorant

For an even stronger, more effective color treatment, combine ¼ cup of sage with ¼ cup of rosemary and steep in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain, and use the liquid as a colorant for grey, or to darken brown hair. You will get the benefits of hair softening sage and dandruff fighting rosemary, while also stimulating hair growth.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I think you can get a black/brown mix with henndigo. If you want jet black, you do the 2 step process (henna 1st then indigo) and if you want a dark brown/black you mix the indigo and henna and use more of whatever color you want. If you want it to be browner use more henna and if you want it to be darker use more indigo. I think the ratio is like 1:3.

Tru_Mind

I think you can get a black/brown mix with henndigo. If you want jet black, you do the 2 step process (henna 1st then indigo) and if you want a dark brown/black you mix the indigo and henna and use more of whatever color you want. If you want it to be browner use more henna and if you want it to be darker use more indigo. I think the ratio is like 1:3.

I think I'm going to do this...but I have to wait until the fear goes away. :lol:

First, I'm gonna search LHCF for the best brand to use.

@Remilaku

I went to Whole Foods looking for dried rosemary, but the don't sell it.:sad:

Last edited:

remilaku

Go to a shopping mart like Fry's or Kroger or Wal-mart. Get the leves that you b b q with. boil them and make tea.

LaShanne

I think I'm going to do this...but I have to wait until the fear goes away. :lol:

There's really nothing to fear and it's not hard to do.
I keep my henndigo recipie fairly simple so I'll remember it. I also speed up the process and still get great results. This is what I do to get dark, dark, brown hair fast;

50g henna, 150g indigo. Mix the henna w/ 1tsp of orange juice and enough water to make a yogurty texture. Sit it on top of the stove @ 450 degrees for about 2 hrs. After the color releases, squirt a glob of honey and a glob of olive oil for conditioning and 2 TBL cinnamon for scent.

In a separate bowl, add indigo and 1TBL of salt and warm water till it makes a mashed potato mixture. Add the henna mixture to the indigo mixture (grease your hairline) and slather it in, root to tip. It'll be thick, which is good, no drips. Wrap your head in saran wrap, then a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 2 hrs. Rinse it out with a cheapie conditioner, do a deep conditioner for 30 min, under the dryer, rinse and style.

All together it takes about 4 hrs. I dont wash my hair with shampoo for about 3 days after to give the color time to really penetrate the shaft. It always comes out looking great! Good luck! :grin: