Dyeing Relaxed Hair

knapsis

Hello, I'm new to this discussion board.
newbie.gif
I have enjoyed reading some of the past postings to this board and now I hope that someone can give me some sound advice. I've been considering dyeing my relaxed hair because it has started turning a brassy shade. I would like to dye it back to it's natural black color but I've been told that I should consider using a rinse instead of permanent dye because the dye could cause me to have breakage. I've never colored my hair before, and I would appreciate some advice on what brand of rinse I should use on my 4a/b relaxed hair. I would also like some suggestions as to what might be causing my hair to turn brass colored. Could it be the relaxer, shampoo or conditioner I use?
confused.gif

Knapsis
Rose.gif

since ur just dying it black u should use a semipermanent color theres a really good brand by jazzling (i think thats what its called) because it will still give ur hair color and shine without the ammonia or peroxide. if u were doing a lighter color then you could try a permanent one depending on how light u wanna go. the color of ur hair could be fading from the relaxer or ur hair may be from the shampoos ur using but im not sure maybe some other ladies will reply. hope i helped and welcome to the board.
~Lauren

If u dont want to color your hair or maybe just brighten ur hair

Get the clear jazzing..

If not then use the black rinse..but keep in mind once black rinses fade sometimes it looks green in the sun or purple...

If your gonna dye your hair I would also suggest going to a professional also.

HiThere!

It would be a serious offense to your hair to go with a permanent color and a semi-permanent with peroxide in it is "iffy" if you want to avoid breakage. I have been there and done that. If you simply want to tone down your current color and darken it, try the Beautiful Browns Collection by Clairol, usually available in Sally's. Even though it is referred to as a semi-permanent color, it contains no peroxide and no ammonia and is perfectly safe on relaxed hair, even the day you relax it. You can use it as often as you need to without fear of damage. You might try the Dark Brown with the violet/neutral base rather than the Warm Dark Brown which has a red/orange base. This will tone out the reddish hue. To get it to last longer, apply to freshly shampooed hair, cover with a plastic cap and sit under a warm dryer for at least 15 minutes. Sit with it on for another 15 minutes, then rinse well. If you have Porosity Control handy, apply that. It will give your hair great slip and for me, it seems to seal the color better and make it last longer. The color will wash out gradually.
Your hair is most likely oxidizing in the sun and the chemical relaxer will often turn hair brassy over time, especially in the summer.

Welcome to the board!
wave.gif

Welcome, knapsis.
wave.gif
Softsheen Rejuvatone is a really good semi-permanent that lasts thru several washes.

welcome to the board,

here is a link to a color that i really love and you can use it on relaxed hair. however don't use the oriental black. you should try the dark brown or brown black first. it do say permanent color on the package but it WILL wash out after about 2 or 3 months. the color is great though.

http://www.texasbeautysupplies.com/bigperpowhai.html

I just want to thank all of you who replied to my post. I have seen that Jazzing brand at my local beauty supply store. So I think I will purchase that brand first this weekend. I'll let you know how my haircolor turns out after I use it.

Knapsis

Back