Eco Styler Cannabis Sativa Line (will You Try It???)

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
901F3FB4-0B03-4ACF-A8D5-58E88E3F3540.jpeg so apparently this line was released on 4/20 but I just discovered it last week. I am SO curious!
Here are a few YouTube videos reviewing it. I’m supposed to have the gel on the way. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere in Chicagoland area (if anyone knows a place nearby on the ground please post below)!
What are y’all initial thoughts? Who’s trying it??

OhTall1

The gel isn't on the site but other cannabis related products are.

The internet says that cannabis satvia is used to make hemp seed oil. While the name is accurate, they're just trying to capitalize (and maybe mislead people) due to all of the marijuana related activity going on right now.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
CBD is part of the non-psychoactive component of marijuana. I’ve seen it in lots of items like lotions and suppositories... I’ve read and heard many people praise its calming/soothing properties, as well as pain relief.
Interesting to put it in hair products but I think it may just be the biggest brand to do so.

LdyKamz

CBD is part of the non-psychoactive component of marijuana. I’ve seen it in lots of items like lotions and suppositories... I’ve read and heard many people praise its calming/soothing properties, as well as pain relief.
Interesting to put it in hair products but I think it may just be the biggest brand to do so.
Yep this is what is in the products all the weed trucks around the city are now selling. Weed isn't legal here but these trucks are everywhere.

No I won't be trying this lol

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Nope:look:
Cannabis sativa oil comes from a different part of the plant(leaves etc). Hemp SEED oil is from the seed, and is just pressed from the seeds, which have no special physiological properties.

I do wonder if ceramides are in CBD oil though. Maybe a chemist or biologist knows. I couldn’t quite figure that out. :drunk:
Isnt cannabis sativa oil and hemp seed oil the same thing?

Theresamonet

Nope:look:
Cannabis sativa oil comes from a different part of the plant(leaves etc). Hemp SEED oil is from the seed, and is just pressed from the seeds, which have no special physiological properties.

I do wonder if ceramides are in CBD oil though. Maybe a chemist or biologist knows. I couldn’t quite figure that out. :drunk:

So, it’s an essential oil? What is that supposed to do? How do they have an essential oil so high on the ingredients list?

I think it’s just hemp oil.

PlanetCybertron

I do wonder if ceramides are in CBD oil though.
Depends on what you formulate the CBD with.

I vape, and most times I like to vape with CBD so I get the food grade mix which has no ceramides. You’d just have to look around and check to which brands formulate CBD with ceramides.

As for CBD itself it more or less triggers ceramides synthesis within the body than it does actually contain ceramides. Be that whether it’s inhaled, or applied topically or ingested.

PlanetCybertron

My personal opinion on any brand formulated with hemp seed oil and CBD, is that it’s enjoyable. I visit marijuana legal states to see family and friends, and there’s a lot of homemade and store bought stuff that is fairly well made.

As for ECO styler, I highly doubt the hemp seed or cannabis Sativa seed oil is going to high up on the list. At least for the gel itself. The conditioner might be worth trying in my opinion. So I might.

Of anything ganja related and hair health, I used to use Indica oil (20:0 ratio THC), on my scalp, neck, and back for headaches and tension pain. I did notice it caused a lot of relief. No growth stunting for my hair, and it’s a good new growth softener for what it’s worth. I personally like to use marijuana related products with actual THC in it, because I really enjoy the muscle relaxation benefits. I also opted out of smoking marijuana and go for edibles or topical stuff to save my lungs. So I may or may not try the ECO styler conditioner.

intellectualuva

I got it in the mail from a beauty place in NY. It has an interesting smell. Like a fading 90s perfume. Lol. Its not bad, just different. I am simply using it for my snatchback. It didnt use a bunch and I live in Florida, so its not super flat as I would like, but my hair doesnt get there without shellacking on ecostyler with all the bad chemical....these healthier options just doesnt give me the slick. Lol

Either way, I will use it in a wash and go on Thursday and let you know. Lol.

discodumpling

As hard as Eco tries...nothing comes close to Eco Olive Oil or Eco Argan. Everytime they come out with a new flavor (lol) I try it and I hate it and come right on back to my tries and true Eco Olive Oil.
I look forward to hearing yall reviews though!

intellectualuva

As hard as Eco tries...nothing comes close to Eco Olive Oil or Eco Argan. Everytime they come out with a new flavor (lol) I try it and I hate it and come right on back to my tries and true Eco Olive Oil.
I look forward to hearing yall reviews though!
Funny you say that. I bought the Olive Oil on a whim today for an experiment. Half my hair with new Cannibus and half with Olive Oil to see the difference. Lol. I honestly stopped using any because I was making my own gels using slippery elm and marshmallow root, with leftover KCCC occasionally.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I know this could be a really stupid question, but for someone who receives drug tests, could using any marijuana derived product such as an oil cause a positive due to it being absorbed by the skin/scalp? I'm pretty sure I researched long ago that it doesn't for hempseed oil, but I'm not sure about cannabis (which apparently is different?)

I'm sorry if that's a stupid question. I'm extremely non-scientific.

intellectualuva

I know this could be a really stupid question, but for someone who receives drug tests, could using any marijuana derived product such as an oil cause a positive due to it being absorbed by the skin/scalp? I'm pretty sure I researched long ago that it doesn't for hempseed oil, but I'm not sure about cannabis (which apparently is different?)

I have no idea. I doubt the gel has THC which is what they would be lookig for though. LOL. Good question.

Sally.

No. The name of the product is misleading. While all of the oils come from the Cannibis Sativa plant, hemp is the name that is used to describe byproducts from the plant with less than .3% THC/CBD.

The oil in the Ecostyler Gel that they are using is actually hemp SEED oil and hemp SEED oil has little to no THC (which is the property being tested in drug tests), as well as little to no CBD.

Even if this was actually CBD oil or HEMP Oil, the THC properties in these oils would still be negligent.

charmtreese

I got the gel from a beauty supply store in Woodbridge VA a couple of weeks ago, and I love it! I mostly use it on my edges, and to freshen up individual twist when they start to look fuzzy. The gel had great long lasting hold, doesn’t flake, plays along well when used with other products and leaves the hair feeling soft and pliable!

intellectualuva

I got the gel from a beauty supply store in Woodbridge VA a couple of weeks ago, and I love it! I mostly use it on my edges, and to freshen up individual twist when they start to look fuzzy. The gel had great long lasting hold, doesn’t flake, plays along well when used with other products and leaves the hair feeling soft and pliable!

Yeah. I like a little more hold sometimes so I added some olive oil eco styler.....with or without the mix, I like it.

I really like the smell.

RUBY

Anyone tried the leave in conditioners and the oil? I saw them in the shop today and want to know if they are worth the hefty price tag.

metro_qt

I have this, and I use it occasionally....it doesn't give me the same hold and feel as my favorite eco styler Flaxseed gel.
I think i like it more than ecostyler olive oil gel... but it's a close tie between them.

Once i finish my current tub of eco flaxseed, I'll play around with the cannabis gel again