Edge Controls Are So Cool

vtoodler

Currently, I'm using Design Essentials edge control. It's the only edge control that I've used so far.

And I think it is amazing. It slicks my edges down unlike anything else and gives them a sleek, relaxed look--although I haven't relaxed my hair in nearly a year. IMHO, edge controls are so, so much better than just using gels.

Nevertheless, I'm greedy. I'm always looking for better products, and my beef with the Design Essentials edge control is that it starts to dry out after a few hours. So, I will probably try other edge controls in the following months and let y'all know how it goes.

While I hear that Design Essentials edge control is one of the best of its kind--I'm still holding out hope that I'll find something that will top it.

calibella218

I loved the smell of the tancho stick but it was too greasy for me.

Keracare edge tamer is the best! Just picked up a new container today.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm feeling Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste. It smells yummy like caramel. I hair smells delicious when I use it.

I find that all edge controls only last about half a day on natural 4b hair...depending on how thick your edges are. The Curls isn't yucky to reapply though and it is not gunky. It really does a good job of slicking my edges down with a scarf when I want a sleek look.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I use Hick's edge control. It's great! It does build up if you use it daily...well in my case it does. I've seen reviews where people stated it doesn't for them. I find the best way to use it is apply it one day, skip the next day, mist with water the third day/tie down with a scarf to re-activate it and repeat. I've experimented with it a lot so I have it down to a science. It's the best I've found in giving me a more "natural" type of hold that I like. I am not a fan of hard hair and that goes for edges too.

AnjelLuvs

I love edge controllers... So far I have tried two... The Ors and CremeofNature.... I like the CON better, the consistency is a lot easier to work with.... The ORS seemed to leave a white filter to hair if not brushed in rigorously..

I found this link (click picture) with a more indepth review and more pictures of what product actually looks like on finger...

Last edited:

bronxchick

Candied Yam
I second the Creme Of Nature choice. I have used others but this product really holds my edges down almost all day. I apply it directly for extra hold or smooth it in my hands and run across entire front/kitchen for a softer hold but it holds.

LovelyLouboutin

For my fresh press I love Hawaiian Sliky argan oil sleek edge. After the edges start to revert some(sweat and washing my face) I switch to Creme of Nature argan oil perfect edges. That stuff is the truth!

kandake

I have 4b natural hair. I've used the following.

1.Design Essentials. Works well and it smells great. I only had a sample from a stylist. I've never seen it in stores and didn't want to order.

2. ORS. Works ok when my hair is straightened. Not so much in it's natural state.

3. Curls Control Paste. Too greasy and leaves a weird greasy sheen.

4. Hicks. My favorite so far. It will wear off before the end of the day but my edges still look good, just not freshly slicked. It does cause build up if over used.

lunabelle

Currently, I'm using Design Essentials edge control. It's the only edge control that I've used so far. And I think it is amazing. It slicks my edges down unlike anything else and gives them a sleek, relaxed look--although I haven't relaxed my hair in nearly a year. IMHO, edge controls are so, so much better than just using gels. Nevertheless, I'm greedy. I'm always looking for better products, and my beef with the Design Essentials edge control is that it starts to dry out after a few hours. So, I will probably try other edge controls in the following months and let y'all know how it goes. While I hear that Design Essentials edge control is one of the best of its kind--I'm still holding out hope that I'll find something that will top it.

Where do you find the Design Essentials edge control?