How can I get edge controls to last longer?

vtoodler

I love the way edge controls look when you first put them on. They do an amazing job at slicking the edges down.

However, for me, that slicked-down look doesn't last long at all--especially when the weather is hot or I'm sweating.

Has anyone here found either an edge control that lasts several hours or a way to make the edge control themselves last longer?

Btw, the edge control that I've been using is Design Essentials. That's the first and only one that I've tried.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Yes Hicks Edge control lasts hours for me, sometimes all day. All I have to do is put some water on my edges the next day, lightly brush edges and put on a scarf for 15 minutes and edges stay laid. Keracare's edge shaper is good but it doesn't have the lasting power of Hicks.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I like Aveda Control Paste. But u have to tie it down for 10-15 minutes. I wear my scarf on the way to work.

It also works best on clean hair. So I dab my edges with a little olive oil on a qtip or finger at night to wipe away the residue and freshen the hair for the next day.

Here's a pic of edges today with the Aveda Control paste

Attachments

• image-2343809552.jpg
    image-2343809552.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 113

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
PS if you sweat a lot, try a hair grease or pressing cream instead. You need something that repels water. Not something that is made of it.

In the summer I use Keracare cream press or Dax or something like that.

shtow

I have finally got my edge control to last a week (until I wash my hair again). On wash day, I apply cream of nature argan oil edge control (the only one that gives me these results). I brush my edges, and apply a silk hair wrap (see picture) on my edges and a bonnet over that. My edges stay laid all week without adding more product and I'm over 3 months post.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Of course I gotta ask, where did you get your silk wrap shtow. I wear a satin wrap (purchased from Walmart) and that works too. I prefer silk if I could find it.

shtow

Of course I gotta ask, where did you get your silk wrap shtow. I wear a satin wrap (purchased from Walmart) and that works too. I prefer silk if I could find it.
I get it from prettyAntoinettes.com. I also get my bonnet from there too.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PlainJane

I love hicks edges too. It's probably the only thing I haven't tried to replace in my regimen.

Little water, smooth on hicks edges, tie down with a scarf, and edges will not budge.