EDGES

carletta

:ohwell:Alright ladies........................ I have a confession to make. Im growing my relaxer out for the first time in my LIFE :look:.................but............................ I CANT STAND MY EDGES!!!! UGH!!!!!! I BROKE DOWN TONIGHT AND RELAXED MY EDGES AROUND MY WHOLE HEAD !!!!! :blush: I JUST COULDN'T TAKE THE CARPET LOOK ANY MORE & GLAD I DONE IT :grin: IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! WHEW!!!!!!! and yes i have tried every thing under the sun to tame them....and guess what.... my hair is not on board with laying down! so I had to :orders: spank it with a relaxer :spank:

SO....... am I the only weirdo that does this ? :ohwell:

GettingKinky

I understand how you feel. When I first started transitioning (to texlax) I hated my edges and was tempted to fully straighten them, but now I've come to accept the fact that they don't lay all the way down and I'm ok with it. In fact at my last touch up my stylist got my edges way too straight and I was upset.

You should do what makes you happy with your hair.

karenjoe

I understand. I was told I had soft hair but it was POROUS around the hairline:lachen: cute!

I over relaxed my edges in Dec after a 6 mos strecth
they melted down to 1/8 inch:blush:

they are growing back but they are mad & mean.:ohwell:

bronzebomb

I've considered this as well. I'm getting a weave and I don't like trying to blend or the edges look like rug and the hair is straight.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Did you try some of the edge tamer products on the market? The creme of nature argan oil is great, no flaking at all ever.
I love slick edges too.

carletta

I have a question...what are you going to do when the rest of your hair grows out?

well Ihope by then I will have a soulution. I have to be careful of what i put on my hair ..... my hair is very sensitive to what i put on it :nono:..... the last edge product i put on my hair, made my hair dry and it felt like straw.

mayoo

I used to feel like this.. but then i started wrapping my edges with a silk scarf every night.
now they stay down all the time and have the appearance of being relaxed and like I've jelled them down when I haven't :)

MoniintheMiddle

I used to feel like this.. but then i started wrapping my edges with a silk scarf every night.
now they stay down all the time and have the appearance of being relaxed and like I've jelled them down when I haven't :)

Yep! This works for me too!