Eeeeek! Underprocessed Shaft!

TowsonGirl

I REALLY need you guys' help. Well, there are several (about 3 or 4) sections of my hair in the back that have underprocessed shafts. Not the roots or the ends, but the middle part. When I wash, it poofs up and looks crazy.

I must have underprocessed my hair a long time ago and never corrected it, now it has grown out and is nearer the ends. What do yall think I should do about this? Should I perm the areas that are poofy for a few minutes? Or leave it alone (which I really dont wanna do, cuz I will look a mess, luckily for now I'm not too concerned cuz its weaved in the back). Has this ever happened to anyone? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And by the way, I updated my fotki today :D

My whole head, except my roots (I now use ORS which gets it bone straight) is like this. I have learnt to live with it and found products to help deal with it, didnt really want to risk a corrective. If its say only the last inch or two, I would say do it, if its anymore than that, I would say consider whats more important to you, poofy hair which i know from experience is very hard to manage, or straight hair that may be more prone to breakage. I chose the former and am growing it out instead, plus yours looks like it dries straight with just a rollerset, mine wont, i have to flat iron afterwards...

Yea, my hair does get straight from just rollersetting, except those pesky lil spots that have a mind of their own :( .

I dont know, maybe I should just leave em alone and let em be, but they bug the heck outta me....on the fence for now

If I were in your shoes I would leave the underprocessed hair alone. I would be to afraid of over-processing that area and getting unwanted breakage. Maybe you can incorporate some anti-frizz/poof products. HTH

If they're not causing you any problems, leave them alone, especially since they're now at the ends of your hair. You can clip them away gradually until they're gone. As for your rollersets, increasing the tension should smooth them out.

Back