Egg treatment

ElegantElephant

I decided to give myself a much needed protein treatment today. I used an egg, evoo, and conditioner and left the treatment on my hair for about 30 minutes followed by a moisturizing conditioning for 2 hours. OMG... my hair was so tangled and sorta hard....what did I do wrong???? It took almost an hour for me to detangle and I lost a good bit of hair in the process.:sad::sad: Again..what did I do wrong???????????:nono:

The Princess

Im no expert- Maybe you hair is protein sensitive. Depending on the last time you used something that had protein in it. As well as "egg" being a very strong protein, almost like apoghee. It will take awhile before your hair soften up. Whenever I did use "egg" for the base of my protein treatments, I only let it stay 10-15 minutes. Even then my hair was hard for a couple of weeks.

Also what kind of moisturizing treatment did you use? You might need one, thats more moisturizing.

MsLizziA

I decided to give myself a much needed protein treatment today. I used an egg, evoo, and conditioner and left the treatment on my hair for about 30 minutes followed by a moisturizing conditioning for 2 hours. OMG... my hair was so tangled and sorta hard....what did I do wrong???? It took almost an hour for me to detangle and I lost a good bit of hair in the process.:sad::sad: Again..what did I do wrong???????????:nono:

The bolded is EXACTLY what you did wrong. I have been doing and getting egg treatments all my life and i can tell you now the max time is about 10 mins. Anymore than that you will get the results you had tonight. Never leave an egg treatment on that long...

ElegantElephant

MissHoney26....I used the egg treatment on dry hair....should I have used it after shampooing my hair instead?

Last edited:

ElegantElephant

The bolded is EXACTLY what you did wrong. I have been doing and getting egg treatments all my life and i can tell you now the max time is about 10 mins. Anymore than that you will get the results you had tonight. Never leave an egg treatment on that long...

Oops...thanks so much for letting me know that I left it in my hair entirely too long. What does your egg treatment consist of and how often do you do it? Thanks again!!!!

ElegantElephant

Im no expert- Maybe you hair is protein sensitive. Depending on the last time you used something that had protein in it. As well as "egg" being a very strong protein, almost like apoghee. It will take awhile before your hair soften up. Whenever I did use "egg" for the base of my protein treatments, I only let it stay 10-15 minutes. Even then my hair was hard for a couple of weeks.

Also what kind of moisturizing treatment did you use? You might need one, thats more moisturizing.
I used Silk Elements Olive Oil moisturizing treatment. Based on the responses I've received, I realized that I left the treatment on too long. What are you using as your protein treatment?

amwcah

I don't think you leaving it on 30 minutes was the issue.

I did an egg protein treatment on Friday. I detangled and washed my hair. I applied the well beated 3 eggs to the entire length of my hair. I sat under the dryer until it was completely hard just like an ApHogee treatment. I rinsed using warm water to prevent the egg solidifying in my hair. I applied ApHogee Balancing Moisturize, rinsed, and then applied JOICO K-Pak. After rinsing, I had very few tangles and the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in conquered those.

I believe your moisturizing conditioner didn't work well with the egg treatment. I highly recommend the ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer. My hair was brittle hard, but once I applied the moisturizer it softened instantly.

ElegantElephant

I don't think you leaving it on 30 minutes was the issue.

I did an egg protein treatment on Friday. I detangled and washed my hair. I applied the well beated 3 eggs to the entire length of my hair. I sat under the dryer until it was completely hard just like an ApHogee treatment. I rinsed using warm water to prevent the egg solidifying in my hair. I applied ApHogee Balancing Moisturize, rinsed, and then applied JOICO K-Pak. After rinsing, I had very few tangles and the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in conquered those.

I believe your moisturizing conditioner didn't work well with the egg treatment. I highly recommend the ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer. My hair was brittle hard, but once I applied the moisturizer it softened instantly.

Thanks!!!!! I will definitely try ApHogee and the Cantu Shea Butter leave as detangling and losing a good bit of hair in the process had me in tears!!!!!