Elucence or Kenra - which ONE

KinksnCurlz

I'm still debating on which line to get. I need something for my daughter's natural hair (sucks up moisture like a sponge and somewhat dry) and i've heard good things about both but i don't wish to buy both. So tell me ladies, which one works best for you (naturals and relaxed)? Thanks.

Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo and conditioner
Kenra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner

***i am sure that is not the exact name, but u guys get the idea***

BrEE

for shampoo elucence, better slip than kenra shampoo
and for conditioner get kenra, better slip, and all around moisturizer.

Nay

I've never used Kenra, but Elucence's shampoo and conditioner are very nice.

Now, my Creme of Nature shampoo and Nourishing conditioner are my favorite. And it's cheaper than Elucence. So if you've never tried that one on your daughter's hair, go to Wal-Mart and get you some!

NubianAngel

Instead of starting a new thread, I hope you don't mind me asking here, CH.
About how much is Kenra moisturizing conditioner?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Now you know that these are BOTH great products--how can you try to make us choose??????

I will say that what I use most often is the Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (unbeatable IMO) and the Kenra MC.

I still use my Elucence conditioner from time to time (twice this week actually) but as far as the Kenra shampoo--I've only used it once. It wasn't bad--just not as good as the Elucence Shampoo.

As far as the conditioners go--it depends on what you're looking for and needing on that particular wash day. Both will moisturize the hair but here's the difference: Elucence conditiner moisturizes the outside layer of the hair pretty much. Kenra MC actually penetrates.

The Elucence seems to serve me best when I'm doing a quickie wash or conditioner wash, when I need tons of slip quickly, or as a finishing rinse.... OR when I've tried some new conditioner that made my hair feel JACKED and I need to make it feel good again.

So what's my bottom line--get BOTH conditioners
and my shampoo recommendation is the Elucence.

KinksnCurlz

dayumn dayumn dayumn...

the only problem is that both prods r from different sites and i dont want to have to pay shipping 2xs.

@ nubianangel - of course i don't mind. the kenra conditioner is 10.99 (i believe) and the shampoo is 7.99. the addie is www.hairdeals.com . for the elucence it's www.pleasantimage.com .

Tracy

My vote is for Kenra cond. I haven't tried the shampoo yet, but I didn't like Elucence shampoo....

babyblue

If you dont want to buy all 4 products i suggest you buy the Elucence shampoo and conditioner and just the kenra conditioner itself. IMO the Elucence MB shampoo is better than the Kenra moisturizing poo. But i definitely recommend both conditioners. You can use the kenra as your deep cond and the elucence as your leave in. I know the s&h will be crazy but it will be worth it

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
but I didn't like Elucence shampoo....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling the people in the white coats to come and get you RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
dayumn dayumn dayumn...

the only problem is that both prods r from different sites and i dont want to have to pay shipping 2xs.

@ nubianangel - of course i don't mind. the kenra conditioner is 10.99 (i believe) and the shampoo is 7.99. the addie is www.hairdeals.com . for the elucence it's www.pleasantimage.com .

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you could call the people at the Kenra customer service # and order all of the products and pay one shipping charge.

Allandra

I really like the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo. I haven't purchased or tried the conditioner.

I used the Elucence shampoo and conditionera while back when it was being raved about. They were ok when I first started using them. Then it seemed to stop working well on my hair. So, I ended up giving it to a relative.

Armyqt

Now you know know I love both Elucence and kenra. Out of the two, I would rate Kenra #1, but I still wouldn't be without my Elucence. I agree with SG in that it all depends on what your hair needs for that day. Kenra does deliver intense penetrating moisture. However, I will say this. If this is strictly for your daughter's naturals, I'd definitely go with the Elucence. It's what I use on my daughter's hair. For the price the Elucence is alot more economical and the slip and spreadability is just right for the natural hair. IMO being relaxed, I may need extra umphh which Kenra delivers. However, for naturals I'd definitely recommend Elucence.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
dayumn dayumn dayumn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you could call the people at the Kenra customer service # and order all of the products and pay one shipping charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the place that sends the kenra doesn't have the elucence and vice versa

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I called the Kenra # once (it's been a while) and they said I could order Kenra, Elucence, and Elasta QP from them.