elucence relaxer.

offthechainliz

I went on pleasantimage.com yesterday and ordered the shampoo, conditioner, and the relaxer. this morning they called me and said I could not get the relaxer without a license.
are there any other websites I can go to to order?
If not I'll have to settle for the affirm because sheldez doesn't require a license, right?

I really didn't want to spend $45 though compared to $22 especially since I've heard affirm and elucence quality is about the same.
any suggestions anybody? I want to get my relaxer next sunday when I will be exactly 10 weeks post. (my first time!!
) please help!!!!!

Mamacita

Did you speak to Conchita???? She's very nice and informative. I ordered just about everything except the relaxer, lol. She asked me if I wanted it but I said no that I would wait until it's time to get a relaxer which would be about June for me. Anyway getting to your question, she told me that as long as I would take the relaxer to a stylst that she would send it to me. They don't like to send relaxers to unlicensed people because of liability issues. From the way she spoke to me, I didn't think I would have a problem with getting the relaxer. Are you going to a stylist?? If so maybe she can call and get it for you, or just get someones license number. HTA=H

By the way, how do you like the rest of your products?? I have been questioning people about the relaer but I can't seem to get an answer. I think Pebbles did give me a thumbs up though. What did you hear about the relaxer that's so different from other relaxers??

offthechainliz

I haven't received my products yet. she told me they would put my order on hold until I decided what I wanted to do. I didn't hear anything extra special about the relaxer. It's just cheaper and I hear in performs as well as affirm.

actually, I'm not sure who I spoke to but she told me, but she told me the opposite, that its because people have taken the relaxer with them to the salons, beauticians started getting upset stating that this product shouldn't be "falling into the hands of non professionals."

getting someone's license # is a good idea but I don't have a stylist that I frequent enough to ask.

pebbles

I have to say, I'm a bit distressed by this. The last time I ordered with them, it was a large order, so I wouldn't need to buy from them for a while. But I only have one tub of relaxer left. What then?

Oh well, if I can't buy the Elucence anymore, I'll move on to Affirm.

Mamacita

Pebbles, I would definitely contact them. From the call that I made to her I didn't get that I would have a problem ordering the relaxer. Actually, when I ordered everything, they forgot to send me the serious shining spray. So I contacted them on a Friday so that it could be sent out but she was like wait until Monday to see if I wanted the relaxer now or later. But I told her to just send the spray and I would order the relaxer later. So just give them a call and see for yourself, it might work out
especially if you ordered from them b4.

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
I have to say, I'm a bit distressed by this. The last time I ordered with them, it was a large order, so I wouldn't need to buy from them for a while. But I only have one tub of relaxer left. What then?

Oh well, if I can't buy the Elucence anymore, I'll move on to Affirm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how different it would be from the elasta qp relaxer system. I applied this to my mom's hair a week ago, and it was awesome. It comes with the relaxer (2 applications), the activator, the neutralizing shampoo, intense deep conditioner, h-2 leave-in, and a pair of gloves. I know they are produced by the same company, so it may be similar. I know my mom's hair looks awesome, moisturized, and silky.

beana3

So true Tracy! I just purchased elasta's design foam b/c it almost an exact replica of the Elucence volumizing foam wrap. Both claim to be air-infused formulas. I think i'll try the regular strength extra body relaxer for my next touch up.

offthechainliz

yes, I relax my own hair. I started to ever since I found this forum. I use to have a friend do it, but she overlaps more then I do!

BrEE

i'm sooooo upset right about now. i ordered the elucence relaxer and just received a call from pleasant image and was told that i needed a cosmetologist license to order their relaxers. this sucks
. i was looking forward to using it. i guess this means i'll just have to use motions oil moisturizer. awwwwwwwwww mannnnnnnn

beana3

ladies, i called elasta customer service and they told me their relaxers have a ph of 11 or 12 depending upon strength. So the ph's of elucence and elasta are basically the same.