*Emu Oil Users* Have You Seen Benefits?

Has emu oil helped your hair...?

• Yes, my hair has grown considerably.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes, my hair has thickened considerably.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, my hair has stopped shedding.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, my hair has grown, thickened and stopped shedding.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, my hair is more manageable.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No, my hair did not reap a benefit.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No, but perhaps I didn't use the product long enough.

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
Ok so Ive been searching all over ebay and all I see is refined emu oil. I sent a message to one of the users asking if they had unrefined emu oil available. Their reply was ...

"I only carry triple refined emu oil with is both edible and used in skin care products. Unrefined I know is used in soap making, though I use my triple refined in my soaps.

I really do not know of anyone that sells "Grade C" emu oil. Sorry!"

They call refined emu oil Grade A. Ummmmmm.... Am I tripping or something? I thought unrefined was the best of ANY type of oil. Is it just different for emu oil or is this person just unsure of what they're selling?

Im trying to do more searching... I know triple refined is a no go.

I found this bit of info from a poster on another board. Not saying its the truth or not but..

"Unrefined emu oil is better for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Most tests conclude that for skin care, the more refined it is, the better it penetrates and improves skin. "

ETA: "The problem is that unrefined emu oil looks like chicken fat and has a distinctly farmyard smell. So I searched high and low to find Uniquely Emu’s triple refined oil. Clear, odorless and 45% more effective than unrefined oil. " SOURCE

Last edited:
I got my emu oil from garden of wisdom to use on my face with the oil cleansing method. Haven't used it yet, but after reading this thread I may try it on my hair as well.

It's so funny this thread was bumped because I'm going to have my Senior Project Manager's mom bring me some emu oil from Australia when she visits the Bahamas in March. I plan to use it on my skin and hair.......hoping for great results!!

http://www.naturalhairgrows.com/emu-oil.html

This lady used it for 90 days on a 12 year old bald spot. I'm so skeptical of the internet. My skepticism said "Are her pictures listed in the wrong order because it looks like the emu took her hair out."

I dunno..... it kind of looks like the filled in spot lost hair in 12 weeks and she has it ordered backwards. whadda u think?

Im trying to do more searching... I know triple refined is a no go.

I found this bit of info from a poster on another board. Not saying its the truth or not but..

"Unrefined emu oil is better for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Most tests conclude that for skin care, the more refined it is, the better it penetrates and improves skin. "

ETA: "The problem is that unrefined emu oil looks like chicken fat and has a distinctly farmyard smell. So I searched high and low to find Uniquely Emu’s triple refined oil. Clear, odorless and 45% more effective than unrefined oil. " SOURCE

After hearing the rave reviews about emu oil on lhcf, I just ordered and received my very own bottle! I plan to add it to my growth mixture (jojoba, peppermint, grapefruit, olive, castor oils). It says its triple refined-- howver, when I ordered from ebay the seller didn't mention anything about it being "triple"! I hope it still works to the full extent as the reviews

I love emu oil - it's one of the first things I tried and one of the only things I've repurchased so far. I mix it with extra dark JCBO to oil my scalp and it's helped with dryness and the overall condition of my hair; I also think it's getting thicker. I've also mixed it into my moisturiser and it's helping with dry skin.

I love emu oil - it's one of the first things I tried and one of the only things I've repurchased so far. I mix it with extra dark JCBO to oil my scalp and it's helped with dryness and the overall condition of my hair; I also think it's getting thicker. I've also mixed it into my moisturiser and it's helping with dry skin.

Thanks for responding! I usually can't stand the smell of JBCO but since Emu Oil penetrates so many layers of skin, I may be able to bear it. I need some thickness around my edges, desperately.

@smores I'm the opposite - I don't mind the smell of JCBO but I don't like the smell of emu oil; although admittedly emu oil is less potent. I put a few drops of essential oils into the mix, and that pretty much covers the smells. I use rosemary, peppermint and tea tree - all ones I've read are good for the scalp!

@smores I'm the opposite - I don't mind the smell of JCBO but I don't like the smell of emu oil; although admittedly emu oil is less potent. I put a few drops of essential oils into the mix, and that pretty much covers the smells. I use rosemary, peppermint and tea tree - all ones I've read are good for the scalp!

I'll have to get into my hair chemistry lab!!! :wiggle:

Back