Essations..miracle cure with bad main ingredient?

Cayenne0622

On the "shedding" thread, someone mentioned that Essations Hair Mender completely stopped her shedding. I have a co-worker who has suffered from horrendous shedding for a very long time. Its amazing that she has any hair on her head. Anyway, I suggested this product to her. She ordered it and used and saw slight improvement the first day but then the second wash resulted in amazing results for her. She said she was almost in tears because she barely lost any hair for the first time several months! She was so excited. She was all grins today! I hope this lasts for her and if so then I plan to use it too. The weird thing is the main ingredient is Fragrance (Parfum)!!!! The second ingredient, however, is Hydrolyzed Keratin and the third ingredient is lactic acid. I know the Keratin and the lactic acid are good but I couldn't believe the first ingredient.

This is just FYI in case anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm a witness to it actually helping someone who has been suffering with massive shedding for a very long time.

atlqt

That is odd. I wonder if by chance the ingredients are in alphabetical order versus order of occurance like some Dominican products.

Cayenne0622

atlqt said:
That is odd. I wonder if by chance the ingredients are in alphabetical order versus order of occurance like some Dominican products.

You know that is a VERY interesting point. I'll see if I can find out anything on it.

Cayenne0622

PerfectDoak said:
That's weird! Does it smell really strong then?!

The alphabetical order thing would make sense...

That's the weird thing. It doesn't smell strong at all. It barely has a smell....its really soft and understated. I'm almost convinced that the ingredients are in alphabetical order. When my co-worker took the top off, I expected to get hit in the face with a strong perfuming smell but it didn't happen.

Tee

Oh my....I love this stuff! lol. I can't help but rave about this. I had the exact same experience as your co-work. The first time my shedding was less but I didn't expect a miracle in one treatment. My hair has stopped shedding all crazy!

***I was shedding like crazy and I think it had a lot to do with me stretching 14 weeks. I got my hair relaxed and it wasn't shedding as much but still shedding like mad. I used this treatment with the Design Essentials line and the shedding was sooo much less than before. Now, I have a very minimal amount shedding.

Thanks Michelle3147 for the tip off on this product!

MrsHouston

Cayenne0622 said:
On the "shedding" thread, someone mentioned that Essations Hair Mender completely stopped her shedding. I have a co-worker who has suffered from horrendous shedding for a very long time. Its amazing that she has any hair on her head. Anyway, I suggested this product to her. She ordered it and used and saw slight improvement the first day but then the second wash resulted in amazing results for her. She said she was almost in tears because she barely lost any hair for the first time several months! She was so excited. She was all grins today! I hope this lasts for her and if so then I plan to use it too. The weird thing is the main ingredient is Fragrance (Parfum)!!!! The second ingredient, however, is Hydrolyzed Keratin and the third ingredient is lactic acid. I know the Keratin and the lactic acid are good but I couldn't believe the first ingredient.

This is just FYI in case anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm a witness to it actually helping someone who has been suffering with massive shedding for a very long time.

I'm glad you stated that she did use it a second time. I used it once and it did nothing for me, so I went to my stylist who did a treatment to stop it. In the future I will try it more than once. I just wanted my shedding to stop immediately.

PinkAngel

Letitia,

I'm with you on this one, this product works. I've shampooed twice since using it and although my shedding hasn't completely stopped it has slowed down tremendously.

I'll contine every 2 weeks, how often will you use it?

Thanks again for recommending this Michelle!

MrsHouston

atlqt said:

yes, the ingredients appear to be in alphabet order

Tee

msshic said:
Letitia,

I'm with you on this one, this product works. I've shampooed twice since using it and although my shedding hasn't completely stopped it has slowed down tremendously.

I'll contine every 2 weeks, how often will you use it?

Thanks again for recommending this Michelle!

I said the same thing as you, probably every 2 weeks.
:bdance: I am glad this has helped slow down your shedding also.