I have the Essations Instant Hair Mender but...

RoseGolden

Hi everyone. I'm "new", been lurking for a long time and finally joined. I ordered this Essations Instant Hair Mender a while back after reading about it on here but I havent used it yet. Its supposed to be a protein treatment and many said it stopped their shedding and breakage. The thing is I just had a clear cellophane put in about a week or 2 ago. If I use the Hair Mender will I still get all of the same effects even though the cellophane is still there?:confused:

Cayenne0622

I ordered it a few days ago so I'm still waiting for my order. I have read that it stopped several people's hair from shedding. It is a protein treatment but I'm not sure how intense it is. I do know its not on the level of Aphogee...I don't think anything is. I hope some of the ladies who use it chime in to give you some tips. I wonder how often you can use it??? Hmmmm..

PinkAngel

:.Krys.: said:
Hi everyone. I'm "new", been lurking for a long time and finally joined. I ordered this Essations Instant Hair Mender a while back after reading about it on here but I havent used it yet. Its supposed to be a protein treatment and many said it stopped their shedding and breakage. The thing is I just had a clear cellophane put in about a week or 2 ago. If I use the Hair Mender will I still get all of the same effects even though the cellophane is still there?:confused:

Yes, I would say you'll still get the same effect. Just be cautious b/c some rinses/semi-perm colors have a bit protein in them. Essations is a protein treatment. It did not completely hault my shedding (PP) but it did slow it down tremendously. Be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I've used it twice so far, the second time it made my hair "too" strong. My hair doesn't like alot of protein though.

RoseGolden

Thank you everyone and thanks for the welcomes! I love this site. Yea, I am kind of weary about the protiein overload. I hope it doesnt make my hair too hard. I already use profectiv products daily and I just found out that those have protein in them. I just mainly wanted it to see what it would do for my shedding. My shedding is ridiculous. I'm still gonna try it. And yes I will make sure to follow up with a moisturizing condtioner. I just bought some nexxus hummectres. Does that sound good to use after? I also want a really good moisturizing leave in without protein to use. I bought some NTM silk touch but now i'm scared about all the cones in it. Is it ok, or does anyone have any other recomendations?

Tee

Welcome Welcome.

I used the Essations with positive results. It is a protein treatment. I followed it with a deep conditioner under the dryer. It really slowed down my shedding a lot. I noticed the greatest amount of results after my 3rd treatment. For the deep conditioner I used Silk Elements Cream Moisturizing Treatment.

Cayenne0622

How often are you guys using the treatment (weekly, biweekly, monthly)? And are you using a plastic cap under the dryer?

Tee

Cayenne0622 said:
How often are you guys using the treatment (weekly, biweekly, monthly)? And are you using a plastic cap under the dryer?

I sit under the dryer for 20 mins with a plastic cap. I used it 3 weeks in a row. Now I plan to use it about every 3 weeks or so.

sweethair

I just got my Instant hair mender and just my luck the label is all messed up and I can't read it. Is there anyway that someone can post the instuctions on how to use it.

RoseGolden

sweethair said:
I just got my Instant hair mender and just my luck the label is all messed up and I can't read it. Is there anyway that someone can post the instuctions on how to use it.

The instructions say:

Shampoo hair with Essations Detangling Shampoo (probably not necessary lol). Rinse and towel blot. Place cotton along hairline to protect client from dripping. Saturate hair with Instant Hair mender. Cover hair with plastic cap and put client undeer a preheated dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and apply Essations Deep Penetrating conditioner. Let conditioner sit for 5 minutes adn rinse with warm water.

BTW, did everyone who used this sit under a dryer? I dont have one so can I just use the plastic cap for a longer amount of time?

sweethair

:.Krys.: said:
The instructions say:

Shampoo hair with Essations Detangling Shampoo (probably not necessary lol). Rinse and towel blot. Place cotton along hairline to protect client from dripping. Saturate hair with Instant Hair mender. Cover hair with plastic cap and put client undeer a preheated dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and apply Essations Deep Penetrating conditioner. Let conditioner sit for 5 minutes adn rinse with warm water.

BTW, did everyone who used this sit under a dryer? I dont have one so can I just use the plastic cap for a longer amount of time?

Thank you so much!!:)