Essential Oils in conditioner

devin

I have read about carrier oils and essential oils and how carrier oils "'carry" the essential oils and help to dilute them. I wanted to buy some essential oils like rosemary, lavendar, etc. and put them in conditioner. Does conditioner act like a carrier oil and would you measure it the same(ex: ml of carrier oil/2)? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. TIA!:)

HoneyDew

Carrier oils are absorbed into the skin so conditioners may not really do this unless you massage your scalp. I created my own conditioner with Hemp Butter and essential oils. I massage my scalp so that it could be absorbed and then rinsed it from my hair after a deep condition with heat. I really think it depends on that you are using as a conditioner. Some of the ingredients in commercial conditioners may not be absorbable by our skin so they carry less if any at all. Either way, the oils are good for your skin.

devin

okay so i see. it is best to use the carrier oil and essential oil mix as the conditioner or oil treatment so that it is soaked in to the scalp and absorbed. Thank you for your reply!:)

HoneyDew said:
Carrier oils are absorbed into the skin so conditioners may not really do this unless you massage your scalp. I created my own conditioner with Hemp Butter and essential oils. I massage my scalp so that it could be absorbed and then rinsed it from my hair after a deep condition with heat. I really think it depends on that you are using as a conditioner. Some of the ingredients in commercial conditioners may not be absorbable by our skin so they carry less if any at all. Either way, the oils are good for your skin.

HoneyDew

devin said:
okay so i see. it is best to use the carrier oil and essential oil mix as the conditioner or oil treatment so that it is soaked in to the scalp and absorbed. Thank you for your reply!:)

I am not sure it's best, just a different way to do it. For me conditioning focuses on my hair vs. my skin and scalp. I did the Hemp Butter condition as a treat and decided to take the opportunity to massage my scalp before putting the plastic cap on for the deep condition.

I make my own scalp moisturizer that I massage in everyday that has all of the carrier oils, butters and essentials oils in it.

Either way all of it is good for you and your hair. I would use it either way!! :)

devin

okay thanks!

HoneyDew said:
I am not sure it's best, just a different way to do it. For me conditioning focuses on my hair vs. my skin and scalp. I did the Hemp Butter condition as a treat and decided to take the opportunity to massage my scalp before putting the plastic cap on for the deep condition.

I make my own scalp moisturizer that I massage in everyday that has all of the carrier oils, butters and essentials oils in it.

Either way all of it is good for you and your hair. I would use it either way!! :)