essential oils

naturaline

:) which esseantial oils does your hair/scalp love and why? what do you usually mix them with? :D Lets share our most loved recipes....

my hair loves... grapseed oil, castor oil, glyerin and 60 profectiv 60 second strenghtener. it makes my hair super soft and very easy to comb!

my scalp loves... pepper mint oil, cedorwood oil, glycerin and coconut oil. my scalp feels refreshed and stimulated.

locabouthair

My grandmother and my mom used to swear by castor oil to make your hair thicker. I heard that rosemary is really good for hair growth.

DangerouslyShy

meaowfoam oil (leaves my hair super soft and moisturized)
castor oil ( on my ends and new growth, keep them moisturized for days, i use this when I baggie my ends)
jojoba oil (on my scalp)
Shea butter oil (on everything)

angellazette

My favorite essential oils are rosemary, peppermint, and lavendar...that's basically all I use.

My favorite carrier oils...hmmm coconut oil always and foreverrrr....castor oil is nice...I like the richness of avocado butter.

CodeRed

Bumping because I'm not making a new thread when there's a hundred like it lol. Some of the ones listed here aren't essential oils (like castor) but it's still a good thread to bump if people want to add info.

My favorite combination right now is lavender, rosemary, white thyme, carrot, cedar wood and peppermint essential oils in whatever carrier oil I have at home. This combo has been working to make my hair more full from the root, with the exception of the peppermint. I used that mixed with a carrier oil and it didn't do much... the other 5 I added though made a big difference. Thinking of getting some garlic, myrrh and bergamot. I apply it to my scalp and all over my head.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I love peppermint oil mixed with aloe vera juice and mn for growth and stimulation.

Lavender oil is great for my scalp as well. I usually mix it with evoo or safflower oil.

I've used lemon oil too. I love the smell!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My EO's I love-

rosemary
cedar wood
lavender
eucalyptus
peppermint

I want to try ginger and myrrh

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Essentials I love: peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender, white thyme, cedarwood, lemongrass

Essentials I want to try: ginger, ylang ylang

Carriers I love to mix with: avocado, safflower, sesame, wheat germ, hemp, rice bran, coconut, JBCO, grapeseed, walnut

InBloom

In my new-growth
I love lavender, rosemary, peppermint, rose geranium, ylang ylang, grapefruit, ginger & lemon. They are all great for my scalp.

Does the rose geranium have a scent strong enough to cover something like ayurvedic oils/powders you think?

sithembile

Does the rose geranium have a scent strong enough to cover something like ayurvedic oils/powders you think?

Its a subtle rose scent with a minty undertone, I think you would need something stronger. A woody or herbaceous oil combined with a citrus oil could work. I know some people use may chang to cover the scent of neem.