What Essential/Carrier Oils/Natural Products Do You Use?

prettyhair73

I get natural hair treatments ever so often from Hairobics here in L.A. but I have always concocted my own formulas for my hair using essential oils. my favorites are:

Essential:
rosemary
sage
peppermint
sweet orange (for fragrance)
lavender
tea tree
eucalyptus

I'm going to add cedarwood and carrot oil as well, I just read up on them.

Carrier oils:
Extra Virgin olive oil
coconut oil
jojoba oil
Castor oil
sweet almond oil

-I also use aloe vera juice mixed in with a little glycerine, distilled water and a olive oil to help detangle the hair.

-For my scalp 3-4 times a week, I spritz on a mix of apple cider vinegar, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, peppermint and distilled water.

loolalooh

Essential oils:
rosemary
grapefruit
lavender
lemongrass (strong smell, but growing on me)

I sometimes mix these with water and spritz on my scalp when it's itchy or for stimulation.

Carrier oils:
safflower
extra virgin olive oil
coconut oil

I mix these with shea butter and any of the essential oils to make a moisturizer.

mangojuice33

Hmmm it seems great minds thinks a like! I have just made my own special mix...

Shea Oil
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Vit E as carriers plus

Lavender
Rosemary
YlangYlang
Orange
Peppermint

This keeps my scalp in tip top condition and increases my growth rate significatly. Unfortunately since relaxing my hair I’ve become verrry laaazzy with oiling my scalp, and as a result the dry skin I have in my crown has come back with a vengeance. To make things worse I was over processed and burned with my last relaxer so I have some scabs to sort out as well. :burning:

I’m in a weave at the moment so I will be dousing my braided hair with this regularly especially just after a wash cos the tingle is delicious! I have NO DOUBT that the ingredients in this mix will sort it out pretty quickly.... in fact essential oils are one of the best things that have happened to my hair.. EVER. :love:

prettyhair73

Wow @ the scabs. I remember those days. I grew my relaxer out in '02 and haven't looked back. The texture has even changed. I have three texture of hair, the roots are the thickest then the middle has a slight wave and the ends are fine. I have always used rosemary. Try that mixed with a little tea tree and jojoba oil and that dry scalp should be gone.

Hmmm it seems great minds thinks a like! I have just made my own special mix...

Shea Oil
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Vit E as carriers plus

Lavender
Rosemary
YlangYlang
Orange
Peppermint

This keeps my scalp in tip top condition and increases my growth rate significatly. Unfortunately since relaxing my hair I’ve become verrry laaazzy with oiling my scalp, and as a result the dry skin I have in my crown has come back with a vengeance. To make things worse I was over processed and burned with my last relaxer so I have some scabs to sort out as well. :burning:

I’m in a weave at the moment so I will be dousing my braided hair with this regularly especially just after a wash cos the tingle is delicious! I have NO DOUBT that the ingredients in this mix will sort it out pretty quickly.... in fact essential oils are one of the best things that have happened to my hair.. EVER. :love: