Even Texture When Getting a Texlaxing Touch-up

vtoodler

I have two questions for those who texlax:

Have you had a texlaxing touchup that was not the same texture as your previously texlaxed hair--either too straight or not straight enough?

Is that something that happens often with texlaxing?

Also, do you think that lye or no-lye relaxers are better for texlaxing?

prospurr4

Responses are in Red:

Have you had a texlaxing touchup that was not the same texture as your previously texlaxed hair--either too straight or not straight enough?
I have been texlaxing my hair for over 5 years now, and I do have some texture differences...nothing drastic, though. I can only see the variations when my hair is wet/damp. If I airdry straight or rollerset, my texture looks more uniform. It's not a big deal to me, though, because even my NATURAL hair has 2 to 3 textures going on.

I try to duplicate the same application and smoothing times with every touchup, but it's hard to get it exact, every time...at least it's hard for me. However, as mentioned above, it's not a big deal.

I like the results I get with Revlon Realistic Lye...I've been using it for about 15 years. I've never used no-lye.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Revlon Realistic is the best texlax relaxer Ive used in the past. I could not get my hair to get strait with this and It ensured that I kept my texture. I was not satisfied with it at the time, but if I ever go back to chemicals, I will use it.

Prudent1

Responses are in Red:

I have been texlaxing my hair for over 5 years now, and I do have some texture differences...nothing drastic, though. I can only see the variations when my hair is wet/damp. If I airdry straight or rollerset, my texture looks more uniform. It's not a big deal to me, though, because even my NATURAL hair has 2 to 3 textures going on.

I try to duplicate the same application and smoothing times with every touchup, but it's hard to get it exact, every time...at least it's hard for me. However, as mentioned above, it's not a big deal.

I like the results I get with Revlon Realistic Lye...I've been using it for about 15 years. I've never used no-lye.
I pretty much did the same thing as ProSpurr4 when I was texlaxing. I used Motions lye relaxer though. For me no-lye relaxers were too drying and left my hair a bit crunchy no matter what:ohwell:.

Prudent1

None that I know of. Basically, texlaxing is intensionally underprocessing a relaxer so it kinda goes against the grain of what most stylists have been trained to do. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone here knows a place where you can get that done?

isawstars

I'm transitioning to natural but I've been texlaxed for almost 3 years.

Have you had a texlaxing touchup that was not the same texture as your previously texlaxed hair--either too straight or not straight enough? Yes. Although it might have been because I switched stylists whose texlaxing techniques were different. ETA: It's kind of why I cut my hair really short for my transition... I had APL and in some areas my ends were wavy, the middle was straight then wavy going towards the roots. Not everywhere though but noticeable when I did wash n gos

Is that something that happens often with texlaxing? I don't think so
Also, do you think that lye or no-lye relaxers are better for texlaxing? Not sure. I can't remember exactly the name that I used but it was from the Mizani line. Maybe the Mizani butters or something? Sorry I'm no help there.

Do salons do texlaxing? Yes, The two salons I've been to have. If a salon does relaxers they can do texlaxing... just tell them how long you want it sitting in your hair and be adamant about it. Make sure they use a timer!

If so, how well do they usually do it? When I stuck to the same stylist I had great results. I asked her to wash out the relaxer immediately after applying it to my new growth. She always used a timer to make sure she was going fast enough. I think she set it for 10min but she always finished before the timer went off.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I wonder how well Linange relaxers would work for texlaxing?

I used it that last time. Since I have pretty resistant hair, it processes very minimal. It still has much wave and curl. I only processed each time for 14 minutes max and did not use a mid protein step. I found it to work well for the texture I want but it did leave me with a good amount left over.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF