ATTN: Self Texlaxers

Diam0ndiva

I am texlaxed and i want to start self texlaxing b/c going to the salon is a bit expensive. I have 6 months new growth and i want to texlax the new and then right before i rinse i need to correct the other texlaxed hair because its toooo thick.

Questions? Do i oil the previously texed hair then correct the hair?
Are there any good Videos you can recommend for me?
Have you ever used Orgaic Root Stimulator to texlax?
Whats the brand of relaxer do you use? aslo is it lye or no lye?

vkb247

I am texlaxed and i want to start self texlaxing b/c going to the salon is a bit expensive. I have 6 months new growth and i want to texlax the new and then right before i rinse i need to correct the other texlaxed hair because its toooo thick.

Questions? Do i oil the previously texed hair then correct the hair?
Are there any good Videos you can recommend for me?
Have you ever used Orgaic Root Stimulator to texlax?
Whats the brand of relaxer do you use? aslo is it lye or no lye?

I would go ahead and oil the previously texlaxed length. The oil doesn't stop the relaxer from processing altogether, it just slows it down.

i don't know of any videos but their shouldn't be a difference between relaxing and texlaxing videos.

I've never used ORS. I use Motions Herbal Lye in Super mixed with conditioner/oil. Whatever relaxer you use I would recommend mixing it with something to give you more time to work. Also if yoou have never done a post relaxer protein step before neutralizing than I would recommend you do one of those too. My hair <3 that step.

SmilingElephant

I usually put conditioner on my previously relaxed ends.

I have used ORS before.....when i was relaxing bone strait and it did not get my hair straight like i used to want it. If u do use it...use the mild formula.

I currently use the regular S&B formula which now comes with oils...but i also add my own 2 tblsps of EVOO in it.