Ever Tried L'occitane?

Christelyn

I bought the Repairing Shampoo (has no SLS) and conditioning mask because of thank you-points I received from my credit card company. I honestly could say that I would not have tried the items beforehand because honestly, the lack of reviews and awareness.

But I have to say, this stuff has been remarkable. The shampoo leaves my hair soft, smells great. The conditioner is amazing--there is NO need for leave-ins and my hair detangles like butter. When I press and flatiron, I can honestly say I'm seeing about 60% less breakage and my ends looked so good my daughter thought I'd trimmed them.

So, I decided to use it on my 11 yro daughter's hair and got the same results--best ever. She got so many compliments at school, which means a lot to her bc she goes to a virtually all-white school.

My question is this? Has anyone else tried these products? I'm curious if this is just an isolated incident! :drunk:

Here's a link to the products:
http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/Product.aspx?prod=17SH500G8

http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/Product.aspx?prod=17MC250G8

Yes. But not the haircare. I've used their hand cream and bodycreams with shea butter. I stopped using it though. It's just to expensive. I was using it back when shea butter was not really heard of, now you can get shea butter anywhere, and at cheap prices.

Last edited:
I have not, but the ingredients and information on the product look very nice. It is a little pricey though.

Yes. But not the haircare. I've used their hand cream and bodycreams with shea butter. I stopped using it though. It's just to expensive. I was using it back when shea butter was not really heard of, now you can get shea butter anywhere, and at cheap prices.

Same here. I used to use their hand cream and it was soo soft and fabulous. I am using their moisturizing facial cream now, and it has that same silky feel. I love their products, but never used their haircare.

I used to be in the same boat. I used the skincare, liked it, but thought it was too expensive and found other alternatives. But when it comes to my hair, especially when I do it myself, I don't make a lot of compromises. I figure the money I saved not going to the salon is worth it, plus a little of this stuff goes a long way.

I've tried the skin care lotion, it was great, but just too expensive. I can't justify the expense of haircare products that cost this much - even if they are great. Just can't do it.

I've only used L'occitane when Air France lost our luggage in France. The airline gave us little travel size shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I liked the stuff, but sorta forgot about it. I'll have to look into it after I use up some of my other products. Thanks for the review!

I use their facial cleanser. Nice! Never tried their hair products. Maybe I'll treat myself or try to whip up something close to it.

Hell no, I'm staying away from that. I love their body care range; I've just finished off a tub of shea butter (so moisturising) but if I delve into their hair care I'll be on the way to Broke City! :D

Hell no, I'm staying away from that. I love their body care range; I've just finished off a tub of shea butter (so moisturising) but if I delve into their hair care I'll be on the way to Broke City! :D

LOL! Well for me, I just have to stick with what works. I have now tried the product on three different heads (mine 4a; my dd 4b and my other daughter who is biracial and have 2a hair) and it worked wonderfully. The smell lasts for days in your hair which is an added bonus because I try not to watch more than once a week.

Hmmm, you know L'Occitane is such a great brand, I might just try it and see. I don't mind paying a little bit more for quality that works.

I like the fact that it has no SLS - a definite plus!

Yep l'ocittane is a good brand and their milk bath is verrrrrrrrrrry good .Will look for this one,and yes their products are expensive but when I want to treat myself L'occitane is the way to go:yep::yep:

Yep l'ocittane is a good brand and their milk bath is verrrrrrrrrrry good .Will look for this one,and yes their products are expensive but when I want to treat myself L'occitane is the way to go:yep::yep:

What's also nice is that a little goes a long way. You only have to use very little of the shampoo and mask to work well. I use it every way and it looks like I barely put a dent in it.

I love L'Occitane. I use many of their products, including:

Skin Care
100% Shea Butter
Shea 25% Ultra Rich Body Cream (Regular & Rose)
Shea Exfoliating Foot Scrub (this has been discontinued :(
Shea Exfoliating Body Scrub (think this is discontinued too :(
Shea Bubble Bath
Almond Oil
Almond Shower Oil - amazing.

Hair Care:
Olive Oil Hair Mask
Shea Butter Hair Mask
Shea Butter Conditioner
Rose Condition

I love everything I try there. It is very expensive, but I've found that your bottles tend to last a lonnng time. I love the shower oil, leaves skin so soft. Their lotions, and Ahava, are my favorites right now.

As far as hair care - I love their conditioners. They always have excellent slip. Hair rinse leaves butter smooth tangle free hair. Always. Shampoos, I have tried the Shea shampoo and the Rose Shampoo, both times it left my hair WAY too dry. So I just kept the conditioners, and I doubt I will try another shampoo (though I was tempted when I saw the review for Aromachologie)

Agree that its way overpriced. I just like to indulge in luxurious body/skin/hair, and when i do I usually reach for these products.

My hair type is fine, dense 4A/B phyto-laxed.

I love L'Occitane. I use many of their products, including:

Skin Care
100% Shea Butter
Shea 25% Ultra Rich Body Cream (Regular & Rose)
Shea Exfoliating Foot Scrub (this has been discontinued :(
Shea Exfoliating Body Scrub (think this is discontinued too :(
Shea Bubble Bath
Almond Oil
Almond Shower Oil - amazing.

Hair Care:
Olive Oil Hair Mask
Shea Butter Hair Mask
Shea Butter Conditioner
Rose Condition

I love everything I try there. It is very expensive, but I've found that your bottles tend to last a lonnng time. I love the shower oil, leaves skin so soft. Their lotions, and Ahava, are my favorites right now.

As far as hair care - I love their conditioners. They always have excellent slip. Hair rinse leaves butter smooth tangle free hair. Always. Shampoos, I have tried the Shea shampoo and the Rose Shampoo, both times it left my hair WAY too dry. So I just kept the conditioners, and I doubt I will try another shampoo (though I was tempted when I saw the review for Aromachologie)

Agree that its way overpriced. I just like to indulge in luxurious body/skin/hair, and when i do I usually reach for these products.

My hair type is fine, dense 4A/B phyto-laxed.

Aromachologie Shampoo is the bomb-diggity. I can't say I've tried the other shampoos in the other lines, but that one I certainly vouch for.

I can't believe I was sleeping on their hair masks for so long. I've tried three now, and each one was excellent.

I can't believe I was sleeping on their hair masks for so long. I've tried three now, and each one was excellent.
3 ! You're such a Product-Junkie Diva.:lachen: I have 2. The Shea Butter Mask and the Olive Oil Hair Paste. Haven't used either yet, but can't wait. I also "looked" at the Repair Line, but haven't decided.

Thanks Ladies.

3 ! You're such a Product-Junkie Diva.:lachen: I have 2. The Shea Butter Mask and the Olive Oil Hair Paste. Haven't used either yet, but can't wait. I also "looked" at the Repair Line, but haven't decided.

Thanks Ladies.

:busted: :blush: Well what can I say! :lachen:

Wow I thought you had bought the Repairing Line. Well I'm not going to recommend you buy it, nah I wouldn't be that much of a ******! :lachen:

The Shea Butter mask is good though! :yep:

I defiantly want to try this stuff once I scrounge up some money!! The reviews for all there products are amazing everywhere I looked!! I can't wait!

I finally picked up a jar of the repairing deep conditioner and samples of the poo. Will be trying it out tonight.

Back