Excited new member!

C

Cami

Hello ladies. I am so excited that I found this website! What an inspiration for all of us to start our journey to achieve not only long, but very healthy hair. So far, most of everyone's advice has been very informative and I am looking forward to learning more about everyone! Well, to give you all a brief bio, my name is Camonlita and I am originally from St. Louis, MO. I am in the Air Force and am stationed at Wright Patterson AFB-in Dayton, OH. I'll be 23 on 25Mar, and for the past 4 years I've been doing my own relaxers and trims-I give myself touchups every 15-18 weeks. I am biracial-my mom is Korean and my dad is black, but I do not have the typical "mixed person's" hair. I have hair type 4A-which is kinky, therefore, I have to use the black products/and other salon products out there. I am trying to let it grow out to my waist. Currently, it is a few inches above my bra strap. By next summer, I would like for it to grow about 4 inches. I wash and condition my hair once a week and wrap set it. Just a few questions to anyone. Does it seem like the longer your hair grows, the ends gets thinner? Has anyone ever heard/or used Hair Formula 37 vitamins? Can anyone tell me if they use biotin or any other hair growth vitamins/if so, can you see a difference? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

welcome, cami!

i'm sure you'll have no problem reaching your goal with good hair habits! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i took HF 37 vitamins for about 5 months. they did nothing for my hair or nails. it was a waste of money for me, but others had different results. so you just have to decide if it's worth the crap shoot to find out for yourself. /images/graemlins/look.gif

now i do use biotin in my vitamin regime. i take the Vitamin Shoppe 5mg capsule. i think it has helped now that my diet has also improved.

adrienne

Hi Cami,

Welcome to the board! Nice to have you with us. Sometimes my ends look as if they are thinning out also as it grows, so I do a little trim and my hair looks full again. I tried Formula 37 a few years back and didn't get any positive results from it, but perhaps someone else here has. Much success to you on your hair health/growth journey. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi, Cami. Welcome to the board.

My hair is also thinner at the ends but I believe it's because I'm growing out years and years of layers. I'm hoping that as it grows out and I continue to get it trimmed, eventually it will all be even and much thicker at the ends.

Good luck reaching your hair goals. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cami welcome to the board. /images/graemlins/wave.gif Your name is similar to my little cousin her name is Carmelita (Spanish I belive) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

4 inches by NEXT summer /images/graemlins/nono.gif you'll get that by the end of the year if you stay on this board with all th EXCELLENT advice and healthy lifestyle. Remember we are all here to help one another and that's what we'll do if you need it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is a LOT of commotion about Puritan's Pride Biotin on the board at the moment.

Here is the link to one of the threads at the moment

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=44486&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

They have a special on buy 1 get 2 free so for 3 it's $6.95

There is another Biotin thread do a search for Puritans or Puritan's Pride Biotin or PPB and you can find other posts written about this supplement. I'm not sceptical at all and have put in an order for a 10 month supply.

Good luck with your hair journey. You'll be at 4 inches longer in no time.

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Hi Cami,
You came to the right place. I've been taking HF-37 for over a year now and have gotten great results. I've added more things to my hair regime but that's what I started with. It made my hair thicken back up to how it was before I jacked it up and it grew faster than normal. It does get expensive but I buy in bulk twice a year. Check out the website and decide for yourself because everybody is different.
hth /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi, Cami /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does it seem like the longer your hair grows, the ends gets thinner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine certainly does. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a trim, or just go with the flow until I reach my goal length, THEN start trimming to keep things thick and even. I mean, suppose I trim it now, to even it up, and then it grows back out the same way? Then I'd have wasted my time (and growth!) trimming. I do like to see nice, thick ends, though. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I just had to put my 2cents in I think if your hair is getting noticably thinner when longer, just do a dusting trimm (the least amount of length needed to take off damage) you don't have to let a stylist chop off 3 inches just do it yourself and you'll reatin length and take care of the ends at the same time. I would also increase deep condtioning time by 5 or 10 minutes and keep your ends oiled or moisterized daily moring and night if you have to.
hth

just do it yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been considering this, too. On the other hand, my hairdresser isn't at all scissors-happy, so I may just wait until my touch-up next month and let her take a teeny tiny bit off. As for moisture...if my ends get any more, they'll drown! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I moisturise them constantly.

Cami, sometimes I wonder whether thinner ends isn't just another stage on the journey to longer hair, at least, for some people? Sometimes I think perhaps it's just a result of various sections of hair growing at different paces, so to speak. That's why I'm tempted to just sit this phase out for a while and see what happens before I do trim. I think you raised an interesting question. I'm sure the other ladies will share their thoughts on it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I've cut my hair off before because it seemed like it was growing thick and full at first, but then when it reached a certain point it would start getting thinner at the ends. I usually reach this point when it's almost at my bra strap, I wish it could be full and healthy all over. Your hair looks nice! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. Are you currently taking it now? I'm glad to know that it works for someone because I received negative replies from a few already. What happened to your hair before?

I know what you mean about those layers! Earlier this year I had cut about 4 inches off just to get rid of most of them. Some are still there, but it's more even now than before. I know that it has helped since I trimmed them off, I"m pretty sure that yours will grow soon enough. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your hair looks really full and thick. What do you do to achieve that look? It looks like whatever you're doing is working wonderfully!

Cami said:
I know what you mean about those layers! Earlier this year I had cut about 4 inches off just to get rid of most of them. Some are still there, but it's more even now than before. I know that it has helped since I trimmed them off, I"m pretty sure that yours will grow soon enough. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it takes patience. I try not to let the thin ends bother me too much. As long as it's healthy ...

thanks, cami! i think because i wear my hair up much of the time, my ends have stayed healthy like the rest. i don't know if wearing the hair down alot actually thins it out, but i think this is the only difference between what i and others may do.

in all seriousness, i want hair like allandra, waist length. that is what she does (wear her hair up most of the time). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

p.s. my hair is also cut in layers. i don't even try to grow them out or trim to even things up. i have a problem with cutting healthy hair for no good reason. so i just let it be.

Cami,
Yes I'm still taking it but not everyday, it's strong and it made me jumpy. Here's the link: http://www.hairformula37.com/
But there are other vitamin and supplements that I take like biotin, msm, and fo-ti(shou wu). It takes months to develop a proper routine that works and you need to tailor it to your specific needs and goals.
hth /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hey cami i have noticed a BIG difference in my hair since startin my vit. regiment coz my usually kinky hair is now wavy and actually 4a in some parts wen b4 it was all 4b...i cant comment on the biotin coz i havent taken it for long so hopefully in a month's time i'll be abe to rave on the growth spurt /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back