EXCLUSIVE LONG TERM TRANSITIONERS CLUB

I am a bit late checking in but I just hit one yr on the 29th of June. Did LC or trims twice this yr but I am not BCing either.

Well I haven't BC'd. I still have these kinky twist in. Wednesday will be 2 weeks. Having these braids definitely keeps my hands out of my hair and BC out of my mind.
Yeah, so, um, I am thinking about ordering some MT. I want some more length before September comes so just in case I get the urge to chop I will have some good length.
OKay, I believe last time I checked(June) my length in front stretched was just under my nose...I think. I'll come back and edit if thats not the case.
That's all ladies. Keep up the good work and hang in there.

Yes, find a new president.
For those of you thinking of BCing...
tempted...
stick to what you really want.
I'm kind of having regrets...
so dont' do it unless you're really really ready...
I was happy to trim of the back it was crazy long
I still grew about 6" in the front... but the back was like
8 or 9".... I can't even get it into a low ponytail
I don't know what I was thinking
if I had it to do over again...
I would have chopped the relaxed ends in the back
and continued to transition in the front until my new
growth had reached all one length...
if that makes sense...
in fact, I do still have relaxed ends in the front...
I could have trimmed off a lot more...

Yes, find a new president.
For those of you thinking of BCing...
tempted...
stick to what you really want.
I'm kind of having regrets...
so dont' do it unless you're really really ready...
I was happy to trim of the back it was crazy long
I still grew about 6" in the front... but the back was like
8 or 9".... I can't even get it into a low ponytail
I don't know what I was thinking
if I had it to do over again...
I would have chopped the relaxed ends in the back
and continued to transition in the front until my new
growth had reached all one length...
if that makes sense...
in fact, I do still have relaxed ends in the front...
I could have trimmed off a lot more...

Uhh..no regrets girl..your hair looks fab. I don't quite know how much more growth I would need to be at the length you are now..but when I get there...I'll be bc'ing too. :)

I'm with you Mook. ST's BC came outta nowhere. I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Did you flat iron for the 4th?

Nope! I went with.....CORNROWS! And good thing too because it was hot, humid and then it rained late in the day. I would have had a problem if I had flat ironed it.

Southern Tease- Thanks for your honest input/advice. I'm holding out.

But I gotta say...your new siggy is Bee-U-Tee-Ful!

I'm a little late but count me in! I've made it 14 months and trying to hold out until December. I say i'm going to BC then but we will see :spinning:. I've totally jumped on the growth aid bandwagon so I can gain as much length as possible. Good luck ladies and happy growing!

Mook, I love your hair, I'm doing a 6 month strech and everytime I see your hair I want to transition using braids and cornrows.

checking in

I am 12 months and I plan to mini chop in June 2009. Currently wearing rods and buns

17 months...........I can't believe it's been this long. Still holding out for 24 months. I have made it this long, I can go another 7 months, especially since it will be cooling down soon. I'll probably flat iron once a month starting in October.

OK, since this thread was created back in June, there have got to be some more ladies who've crossed the one year mark.

Roll Call Time.:grin:

Hey guys I've got a question.. why BC?

I know plenty of people who have "grown out" their perms without BC. I know the textures are different; but since you can have healthy hair both ways.. (relaxed and natural); what's the point of BC'ing?

I never knew that people even did that until I came here. Maybe I should start a new thread about it. I'm curious.

In 3 days i will be 22 months. I have no idea how much relaxed hair i have left but i still cant wear a wash and go, so it must be a fair amount (or else i REALLY have some hair texture problems). I'm going to try to straighten soon so i can take another progress pic - i revert so fast, i'll probably do a keratin treatment beforehand. i hope i'm not too disappointed with my progress :(. i havent trimmed since january so thats another FEAR/issue i have to deal with...

Hey guys I've got a question.. why BC?

I know plenty of people who have "grown out" their perms without BC. I know the textures are different; but since you can have healthy hair both ways.. (relaxed and natural); what's the point of BC'ing?

I never knew that people even did that until I came here. Maybe I should start a new thread about it. I'm curious.

I think most people BC for one of three reasons-

- BC because of breakage at the line of demarcation.
- BC so that the temptation to relax the new growth is eliminated.
- or, just BC because of impatience, ready to sport their natural hair, combined with tired of dealing with the two textures. :yep:

However, I am debating on doing exactly what you are proposing- just letting my hair grow out from this point and just trim the ends, esp since I've had 2 mini chops since April 07, and I don't have much in the way of relaxed ends at this point.

Last edited:
Two years and one month, and no mini chop, or BC in sight.

I think most people BC for one of three reasons-

- BC because of breakage at the line of demarcation.
- BC so that the temptation to relax the new growth is eliminated.
- or, just BC because of impatience, ready to sport their natural hair, combined with tired of dealing with the two textures. :yep:

Yes ... you hit the nail on the head right here. These are the exact reasons why I decided to BC at 18 months. The difference between the two textures was just too much for me.

Back