Experienced braiders- How can I shorten my senegalese twists?

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Experienced braiders- How can I make my senegalese twists shorter? I asked for BSL length braids but she made them classic length and by the time I noticed it was too late to turn back. I want to make them 6-8 inches shorter. She sealed the ends with hot water. Can I soak the braids in hot water and snip where I want or do I have to burn the ends? I want to avoid burning the ends bc I hate the sharp/hard ends.
TIA!

The area where you want to cut ... is it bulky or thin like the ends? I ask because if you cut too high it may look awkward. Hopefully others chime in. I would think you can just snip and re-soak in hot water to reseal.

The area where you want to cut ... is it bulky or thin like the ends? I ask because if you cut too high it may look awkward. Hopefully others chime in. I would think you can just snip and re-soak in hot water to reseal.

It's not bulky but it's not as thin as the ends

U can cut them but the thing is, when your twisting the hair, as you go longer the ends, get thinner, so if you go up 6 inches that hair wasnt thinned out, so they might unravel, the only thing I can suggest, is you decide where you want them to fall, cut 2 inches below that, undo the twist, thin out the hair out some, retwist, to do all that you would want to sit in somebody's chair and have them do it, its to much work, but the ends will have to be thinned out where you want to hair to be cut unless you burn the ends, or do a slip knot on the ends...

U can cut them but the thing is, when your twisting the hair, as you go longer the ends, get thinner, so if you go up 6 inches that hair wasnt thinned out, so they might unravel, the only thing I can suggest, is you decide where you want them to fall, cut 2 inches below that, undo the twist, thin out the hair out some, retwist, to do all that you would want to sit in somebody's chair and have them do it, its to much work, but the ends will have to be thinned out where you want to hair to be cut unless you burn the ends, or do a slip knot on the ends...

I may just burn the ends then. Thanks!

Back