Experiment with Elucence shampoo & conditioner

sweetcocoa

I ran out of my Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo before Christmas and had to reorder. In the meantime I still used the conditioner but had to use Creme of Nature shampoo(that's all I had on hand). The conditioner was good, but it seemed to be not as moisturing as usual. Well today I got my shampoo and I just finished shampooing my hair. I follwed it with the conditioner and noticed how soft and moisturzied my hair felt(I fell in love all over again). I always felt that you could mix shampoos and conditioners from different lines and they would work just as well...but with the Elucence, they definitly work the best when used together. Has anyone else else noticed this with other products?

Miss Montserrat

I just tried the conditioner tonight for the first time and I absolutely love the end result. The only problem was that I could not come through my hair afterwards. I'm going to order the shampoo and see if that helps. Which one did you use?

Miss Montserrat

Forget the question... I re-read your comment and noticed you mentioned Moisture Balancing Shampoo. Have you tried the other ones?
P.s. When I said I couldnt comb through my hair I meant while it was wet.

sweetcocoa

I haven't tried any of the others. As far as tangles, I only comb my hair out while it is 'coated' with conditioner. I then part my hair down the middle and rinse one half of my hair and then the other..keeping my hair as straight as possible.

auntybe

Sweetcoca:

I noticed the same thing you did with the Elucence. I also use Sebastian Laminates when I want to clarify and I noticed that shampoo works best with the conditioner. That's the only way I get the slip that I like.

Auntybe

Honi

There is no board.
I actually wasn't impressed with the shampoo but damn does that stuff smell yummy or what? LOL It just didn't detangle like I thought it would. Maybe it's because of the new growth and my hair behaves differently at this point. I do shampoo with Keracare moisturizing detangling shampoo and follow up with the Elucence. I just lovvveeeee Elucence <in my best Homer voice...mmmmmm...Elucence!> lol

i will say one thing sweetcocoa about the Elucence conditioner. Its one of the most detangling conditioners I've come across so far that actually FEELS like its detangling WHILST I rinse it out. I've only used it as a COwash and airdried after. I've yet to try it with rollars but will very soon I'm sure.

uniquev11

Honi,

I agree about the Elucence shampoo.
I thought that it would make my hair feel as good as the conditioner does.
I had been using Dark & Lovely conditioning shampoo before the Elucence and it always made my hair feel nice & soft before I even used any conditioner.
Using the Elucence makes my hair feel kind of stripped compared to the conditioned feeling that it had with the Dark & Lovely.
I am going to try diluting the shampoo with water to see if that makes a difference because I really wanted to try to use the Elucence shampoo and conditioner together.