Experimenting on my hair....I got questions?

Renewed1

Since I'm unemployed and have alot of free time on my hands. I was thinking about experiementing with my hair. I would like to wash my hair everyday. My hair is a relaxed 4a/b shoulder length.

I plan on using moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. I'm going to air-dry my hair unless I have somewhere to go and moisturize/seal my hair while its wet and continue to use my OCT/MT. I also plan to continue to deep condition twice a week.

I was wondering what are the negative effects of a relaxed 4a/b hair getting wash everyday?

Also is there anything additional I should do to my hair, if I'm going to wash it everyday?

Whimsy

There was a time when I was 100% texlaxed that i would wash, moisturize, scrunch w/ mousse and airdry every day. My hair grew pretty well but I think if I had washed every other day and not used mousse it would have grown better. It was a lot of manipulation.

divinempress

Since I'm unemployed and have alot of free time on my hands. I was thinking about experiementing with my hair. I would like to wash my hair everyday. My hair is a relaxed 4a/b shoulder length.

I plan on using moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. I'm going to air-dry my hair unless I have somewhere to go and moisturize/seal my hair while its wet and continue to use my OCT/MT. I also plan to continue to deep condition twice a week.

I was wondering what are the negative effects of a relaxed 4a/b hair getting wash everyday?

Also is there anything additional I should do to my hair, if I'm going to wash it everyday?

do u mean co-wash everyday? or shampoo?

lollyoo

I think it can work. I did this when I was on maternity leave, but just watch your moisture and protein balance, also may be co-wash only on some of the days. The only mistake I made was detangling daily, I had a lot of split.
HTH

Renewed1

I think it can work. I did this when I was on maternity leave, but just watch your moisture and protein balance, also may be co-wash only on some of the days. The only mistake I made was detangling daily, I had a lot of split.
HTH

Thanks for the advice. I was just going to wash my hair in the shower and I normally don't have any tangles when I do that.

gissellr78

I think washing your hair daily will dry out your hair specially since you are relaxed.

Giggletush

I actually just did this 2 weeks ago. I co-washed everynight, and I didn't have any difficulties. My hair was actually getting overly moisturized, so I had to do a protein treatment last week. I am also 4a/b Relaxed, and shoulder length. I'm doing the same again this week actually...I like the thickness, my braidouts have when I do this :love:

But yeah...I also made the mistake of detangling after the washes 2 weeks ago. I haven't begun to suffer the consequences of that yet, but I know I'll have to dust some ends soon. When I wash in the shower I usually have no tangles either...I'm still getting the hang of things and felt like I HAD to :perplexed

Renewed1

Actually I've done it for the past few days and I love my results. I used Nexxus Moisturizing Conditioner (I live in Colorado and its really dry here). My hair has been moist. Plus one of the days I used a protein deep conditioner.

I co-wash my hair in the shower, so I don't suffer any tangles. I just sit back and allow my hair to airdry and apply my OCT.