Expiration for perms

It~Can~Grow

Last question, today, I promise :perplexed

How long can I (or should I) keep a container of perm? Also, should I keep refrigerated?

I'm asking since I'm trying to stretch my perms longer and longer. I also want to try my hand with Mizani Butter Blend, but I only see the smallest size of 30 ozs - after my eo February perm, I may not perm again until July and want to make sure it will stay fresh.

Thank you - thank you ALL for your helpful comments :yep:

I'm not sure. When I do my own perms, I'm never sure if I or my stylist will do my next perm, so I throw whatever's left out or give it away. I'm not sure how long you keep it, but be careful. My friend from a few years ago saved a perm that she had used and it must have gotten old. She smelled the perm when she opened the lid and almost passed out. It made her cough and weeze. It may not be that way for all, but she's asthmatic ?sp) and had allergies. If you keep it, get a marker and write the date you used it.

That's the only thing about trying this Mizana BB myself..they only sell the "water cooler" sizes :lachen:and because it's a bit pricey I didn't wanna chuck it if I didn't have too.

I'm not sure. When I do my own perms, I'm never sure if I or my stylist will do my next perm, so I throw whatever's left out or give it away. I'm not sure how long you keep it, but be careful. My friend from a few years ago saved a perm that she had used and it must have gotten old. She smelled the perm when she opened the lid and almost passed out. It made her cough and weeze. It may not be that way for all, but she's asthmatic ?sp) and had allergies. If you keep it, get a marker and write the date you used it.

im not sure how long you can keep it but it should last at least 6-9 months AFTER being opened (according to my stylist). if you call mizani or any other company and give them the serial number on the bottom of the container, they will give you an expiration date...

That's the only thing about trying this Mizana BB myself..they only sell the "water cooler" sizes :lachen:and because it's a bit pricey I didn't wanna chuck it if I didn't have too.
That's understandable. Maybe you can search around for a smaller container. If you're stretching your relaxers, you may not get ample use out of it. OR, you can find someone who uses the same relaxer and split the cost and the container of relaxer in half.

That's what the consumer affairs dept is for. Go on and give them a call they should be able to tell you an exact date based on the batch info on the bottom of their containers. I'll call for you if you want.:grin::rolleyes:

im not sure how long you can keep it but it should last at least 6-9 months AFTER being opened (according to my stylist). if you call mizani or any other company and give them the serial number on the bottom of the container, they will give you an expiration date...

That's good to know I've always wondered that myself.

I wish I knew the answer, I will usually just spoon a portion of the perm into a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon and save the rest in the cabinet with the rest of my hair products.

I think it takes a long time for it to expire, but like someone else said you can call the manufacturer and they will tell you the expiration date.

But ummmm if you open the container and get a strong whiff of an ammonia spell that would be a clear indicator that it's gone bad.

Back