Extensions Plus vs Halley's Curls vs Wagmans

honesty

I am currently wearing extensions plus in natural body....and I think I may have an addiction to extensions but I luv the fact that may natural hair (4b all the way) is safely tucked away in braids...ironic that may name is "honesty" though.... back to the topic.
i am trying to decide what brand to try next or if there is any comparison to extensions plus. I like my EP hair but it is kinda shiny-ish and since i have no hair out i wonder would a relaxed texture look more realistic. EP zig zag wavy is on sale this month but i have heard great things about their relaxed texture as well but I like the versatility of wearing "my" hair ( i bought, i claim it ;-) straight or curly.
I have heard mention of Halley's Curls and Wagmans. I was impressed by the HC website and customer photos and reviews and prices (1/2 of EP prices):yep:. I also like that they have a relaxed texture that has a wave pattern. But i did read that their closures bald over time??? :nono:
As far as Wagmans I have just heard its a good brand but i don't know if its more expensive or better that EP

Basically any ladies that can give comparisons, reveiws, pros, cons of these brands? Is HC a good deal? How does is it compare to EP and Wagmans? thanks in advance. Pics of my install are in my fotki :)

msa

I'm actually going to buy some EPRT hair soon (like in the next month). From reviews I've read it's the longest lasting, some people reuse it for years. I've read that Halley's Curls doesn't have good customer service. Lots of people love Wagmans, though I don't know if it lasts as long as EP hair. This is all stuff I've read on bhm.

MissBCurly

I personally have tried all 3 and I am a EP fan for LIFE!! THRO YOUR SETS UP! lol jk
but seriously I have tried EPRT and EPzig zag and I love both, tangle free, shed free and high quality, I have worn the EPRT with hair left out and even my natural hair flat ironed matched perefect. I have worn the EPZZ with a closure and while the closure is a little bulky its nothing a little thing wont take care off! ive worn my EP for 3+ installs!

Wagmans.. I used the wagmans relaxed texture and I didnt love it..it was shiny didnt hold a simple girls and just gave me the blues, but I hear great things about their deep curl and the natural body hair.

Halleys curls- this is my current install I have the creole curly install and it matches my natural texture perfect, but I opted to not leave any hair out so Im watching the closure carefully to see about the balding issue so far so good but this hair sheds like a ****! it coudl also be because I didnt seal -sigh lesson learned.

but IMHO you cant go wrong with Extensions plus nothing compares especially in quality and texture

msa

MissBCurly, do you happen to have pics of your EPRT 10" before you cut it? That's what I want to buy but I'm wondering where it falls on the body.

honesty

thanks for your responses ladies....my ep closure is really dense and bulky, are there tips for thinning them out?

I need to learn about this sealing thing.....I have heard it mentioned but not quite sure what it entails.

Dommo

EPRT Is VERY good hair-love it (super expensive) I personally don't like Wagman's hair at all. Never tried Halley's curls. I absolutely love Indique's Fresh relaxed Texture Hair; its expensive but MUCH less than EP for 8 oz.

jaszymeen

thanks for your responses ladies....my ep closure is really dense and bulky, are there tips for thinning them out?

I need to learn about this sealing thing.....I have heard it mentioned but not quite sure what it entails.

for the thinning i think some just use thinning shears to take out some of the bulkiness.

for the sealing you just get a sealent i.e. aleens, dritz fray block, or he101 (which is the best) and u put it on the weft in a thin layer. some apply it in between using a syringe. when i seal i squeeze it on the weft and press it in using a popscicle or a cuticle stick. you can seal one or both sides and if u cut the wefts just a little dab on the end of that

honesty

for the thinning i think some just use thinning shears to take out some of the bulkiness.

for the sealing you just get a sealent i.e. aleens, dritz fray block, or he101 (which is the best) and u put it on the weft in a thin layer. some apply it in between using a syringe. when i seal i squeeze it on the weft and press it in using a popscicle or a cuticle stick. you can seal one or both sides and if u cut the wefts just a little dab on the end of that

thanks for the tip, I might have to look up a youtube of the thinning of the closure....I'm scared to come near this pricey closure with thinning shears and no clue what i am doing.

QTPie

EPRT Is VERY good hair-love it (super expensive) I personally don't like Wagman's hair at all. Never tried Halley's curls. I absolutely love Indique's Fresh relaxed Texture Hair; its expensive but MUCH less than EP for 8 oz.

Dommo, any shedding/tangling with the Indique? How often do/did you wash it?

Dommo

Dommo, any shedding/tangling with the Indique? How often do/did you wash it?

I had absolutely no tangling with the Indique. Also, as long as you seal, there wont be any shedding. My friend doesn't seal and she used the Indique as well with no shedding problems. I love this hair; I wash it every week.

mzsophisticated26

I have never worn EP too rich for my blood..lol, I had samples from halleys which was the miami ripple and it was okay. I have worn wags virgin straight 2 installs and used the same hair for a half wig. I love this hair because u can wear it straight and wet it for gorgeous waves, no tangles and minimal shedding because I don't seal and my wefts are cut the price is waaaaay cheaper than EP. I have also had wags virgin curly which is very pretty but too much maintainence. I wanted to try some hair from the processed line but can't decide between deep curl or natural body. I know most reviews on the relax texture say its too shiney

soulie

I have never worn EP too rich for my blood..lol, I had samples from halleys which was the miami ripple and it was okay. I have worn wags virgin straight 2 installs and used the same hair for a half wig. I love this hair because u can wear it straight and wet it for gorgeous waves, no tangles and minimal shedding because I don't seal and my wefts are cut the price is waaaaay cheaper than EP. I have also had wags virgin curly which is very pretty but too much maintainence. I wanted to try some hair from the processed line but can't decide between deep curl or natural body. I know most reviews on the relax texture say its too shiney

I have EPRT here that I wore and re-wore for a year and it is still wearable. I have also used Wagman's - but Wagman's required either a full weave or a closure - my hair isn't Indian virgin, nor is it "curly".

The EPRT is truly undetectable for a relaxed head. When I airdry my hair when I am wearing EPRT there is NO difference between my hair the EPRT. I didn't use a closure with it, I just had a horseshoe left out at the top.

Here's something I posted on another forum about the EPRT more than 2 years ago and I am still able to reuse the same hair.

Hello Yall; I'm just back from a nice long holiday vacation and I had to rave about the EP more than ever!!

I was either in the ocean or a pool just about every day; I never flatironed the EP after I got there and it STILL looked fabulous. My hubby now thinks he likes it better "natural" than flatironed!

When I was planning on going in the water, I used a circular comb around the perimeter (you know the kind that zigzag, that you can close? I don't know how to describe it better than that--the point was to keep my leaveout from flapping into my eyes) ; and I used terricloth ponytail holders; one at the nape of my neck, one midway down the ponytail and another at the bottom. I saturated it really well in the shower, and went on into the water.

After coming out, as soon as I could I washed it with VO-5 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Shampoo (stuff smells so good it made me hungry), then followed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, Elasta Intense Conditioner (threw shower cap on my head for about 15 minutes), then sprayed in Elasta QP H-2, then Elasta Silk. Let it air dry for as long as it wanted. Olive oil spray on the tracks and a LITTLE Vitapointe on the hair. At night I put it in 2 braids, and had beautiful, soft waves -- until I went back in the water.

For those who are still not convinced about EP, the absolute lack of blending alone would make it worthwhile. If I can maintain this so easily with no heat and I can't even tell looking in the mirror which part I grew and which part I bought AND it looks good even without flatironing and curling, it's the best investment I have EVER made.

honesty

Thanks for the review Soulie! I think i might have and EP fetish but I must agree with MzSophiticated...its pricey so i was looking for an alternative but its looks like that with EP, I already have the best of the best. Their Zig Zag wavy is on sail and i really wanna try it....I feel like its calling me! But I feel that the texture is what makes people second guess whether or not its my hair (or it could be the install) and since i have heard such rave reviews about the Relaxed texture I wanted to try that too.

What is the daily maintenance like with the realxed EP? With my natural body I just brush and go....would I have to curl The EPRT everyday??? That would be too much maintenance for me!

ajacks

I'm in the minority on this one. I have tried EP and HC and I definitely prefer HC. The HC closure did bald on me after two installs so the next time I sealed as they instructed and I have had no problems with balding since. I love that HC hair dries straight w/o the need to blow dry and flat-iron for hours. Shedding has not been a problem for me. The one negative for HC is that they only offer one color; however, dying the hair is extremely easy.

I have tried EP in both Relaxed and Silky Relaxed. The silky relaxed was a shiny tangled mess and the closure was extremely thick and bulky. The EP relaxed was ok, but it was difficult to straighten the hair. I don't think that EP is worth the money.

I have not tried wagman's but its definitely on my list.

honesty

I'm in the minority on this one. I have tried EP and HC and I definitely prefer HC. The HC closure did bald on me after two installs so the next time I sealed as they instructed and I have had no problems with balding since. I love that HC hair dries straight w/o the need to blow dry and flat-iron for hours. Shedding has not been a problem for me. The one negative for HC is that they only offer one color; however, dying the hair is extremely easy.

I have tried EP in both Relaxed and Silky Relaxed. The silky relaxed was a shiny tangled mess and the closure was extremely thick and bulky. The EP relaxed was ok, but it was difficult to straighten the hair. I don't think that EP is worth the money.

I have not tried wagman's but its definitely on my list.

The balding issue with HC was definite concern for me but its true that the EP closure is bulky and the hair is very dense. I am curious about HC because of of member photos and reviews and raves on the website and have been trying find people who have tried HC And EP to compare the two. I bought an HC closure in Gentle wave but its came too late for me to install it. I do like the texture though and may try to blend it with EP ziz zag wavy. We will have to see but EP closures are super pricey so if I can mix and match the two that would be great!. But No matter if you are the minority, thanks for your imput!

soulie

Thanks for the review Soulie! I think i might have and EP fetish but I must agree with MzSophiticated...its pricey so i was looking for an alternative but its looks like that with EP, I already have the best of the best. Their Zig Zag wavy is on sail and i really wanna try it....I feel like its calling me! But I feel that the texture is what makes people second guess whether or not its my hair (or it could be the install) and since i have heard such rave reviews about the Relaxed texture I wanted to try that too.

What is the daily maintenance like with the realxed EP? With my natural body I just brush and go....would I have to curl The EPRT everyday??? That would be too much maintenance for me!

I didn't have to curl it every day; I usually would mist it at night and either do big braids with a couple of rollers on the end, or just bun it (like I do my own). In the morning I would have waves. It's that easy.

For those who think the EPRT is too expensive, remember the reusability. If you get a weave every 8 weeks, that's about 6 installs per year. If you are buying hair every time you've probably spent as much as you would on a purchase of EP - and you'll still be using the EP. As I said before, the best part for me is that it is completely undetectable.

Forgot to add: the EP wefts are made VERY well, so there is virutally no shedding.

RubyWoo

EP hands down. I have EP Silky relaxed and honestly, it is definitely not shiny. At least my batch wasn't. Everyone thought it was my real hair. I used that hair all winter last year and spring this year. I plan to reuse the hair for this winter as well. I definitely recommend it. I just used to wrap every night and it would fall right into place in the morning. It does get big when I blow dry or airdry the hair but a simple wrap straightens it out.

soulie

EP hands down. I have EP Silky relaxed and honestly, it is definitely not shiny. At least my batch wasn't. Everyone thought it was my real hair. I used that hair all winter last year and spring this year. I plan to reuse the hair for this winter as well. I definitely recommend it. I just used to wrap every night and it would fall right into place in the morning. It does get big when I blow dry or airdry the hair but a simple wrap straightens it out.

Nixx, were you using an EP closure?

mzsophisticated26

Thanks Soulie,I have been lusting over EP for a while because all the relax installs I seen have been flawless. I love the fact that some people said they have gotten a full head with 5-6oz. I want to get a relaxed texture full wig w/closure made because I stopped getting sewins due to the tension on my edges

simone103

Dommo, how does Indique's Fresh relaxed texture compare to EP relaxed texture in terms of quality, feel, and look? It's time for me to re-order some hair and EP is sold out of the length that I need.

I have been using EP for 2 1/2 years now and it is great hair. I have used the relaxed texture and the silky relaxed texture. I don't really care for the silky relaxed texture, because it doesn't feel nor look as realistic as the relaxed texture.

honesty

Thanks Soulie,I have been lusting over EP for a while because all the relax installs I seen have been flawless. I love the fact that some people said they have gotten a full head with 5-6oz. I want to get a relaxed texture full wig w/closure made because I stopped getting sewins due to the tension on my edges

I do have had some shedding, just a few strands when i brush, don't know if that is to be expected or not. I have 6 oz plus a closure

I am really tempted to try to the relaxed...waiting for it to go on sale. I am natural but I thought it would look more natural regardless of whether i had a leave out or not. Glad to know the maintenance is not to difficult. Is it damaged by curling it often if i choose to?

honesty

anybody know how Wags NC compares to EP zig zag wavy? I want a definite loose wave/curl pattern. EP is on sale but i have no experience with Wags