*faints* SouthernGirl's update!

Southerngirl, LOVE the hair! So pretty and healthy looking! Best wishes on your pregnancy. You look absolutely stunning in your pregnancy outfits---too cute!

pet said:
Very SG, very funny. Your hair is beautiful!!! And you are also a good looking pregnant lady....I've been seeing interesting ones lately....it's not like it's their fault..they just have to go with the flow..

Congratulations!!

OK Pet, YOU ARE BAD!!!! Interesting ones??? :) I'm glad you think it agrees with me, but I beg to differ on a lot of days!! I just don't have the energy to "fix up" most days, but my grandmother told me this morning that when you're pregnant, you have to go out of your way to look nice - fix your hair and put on a little make-up. I guess it helps with self-esteem builders. Not me - I'd rather use that extra primp time to sleep!

wow Congratulations Southerngirl! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! You look sooo cute pregnant! Best wishes and God bless!:)

Thanks girls!!! :kiss:

Kristen, I thought I'd escape without any gender questions :) We do know the sex, but have decided to keep it a surprise. Believe me, it's very hard, and I have spilled the beans a few times - mostly by accident!

As I get closer I'll give and update and may even decide to spill it, but I've heard they're not always 100% accurate so I want to be doubly sure.

Thanks for asking, and I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again everyone for the prayers!!!!

Regards,

SG

your hair and you are wonderful as always. Seeing how good you look being pregnant makes me want another one.

Congrats SG. You look so amazing! And your hair is still beautiful.:) I wish you a happy and safe delivery:) :)

SouthernGirl said:
Thanks Ladies :kiss:

I'm so happy for all of your kind words. For those of you that have little ones, I'm sure the first experience was equally exciting and memorable. It means so much to have the encouragement and support of all of you! :)

Thanks for the love and prayers!

SG

WOW! You're amazing! I wish you a healthy baby and a safe delivery. GOSH your hair is so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthernGirl said:
Hey Everyone :wave:

WOW, what a nice surprise!! Someone mentioned on my Fotki album that there was a shout out here, so I sheepishly checked to take a peek. Thanks Zoj2 for shouting, and to everyone else for the sweet remarks :kiss:

I have not been posting much in ages and I haven't focused on hair too much. Most of all, I feel awfully bad that I haven't been really tracking any hair progress or posting any tips. I'll add more pix at some point when I have time to fix my hair and take better ones :)

I didn't really announce the pregnancy (may have made mention in a thread or two), but I mentioned a the end of last year in a few posts that I stopped taking HF37, Surging, and a few other things I was doing for growth. I wondered if anyone would pick up on it, b/c you guys are GOOD!!!

Anyhoo, the only thing that has been fairly consistent is the use of MNT. I've worn ponytails for the most part, but I found myself using more heat than I'd like to b/c of new growth. Other than that, just prenatal vitamins. My diet has been horrible - Cold Stone every other day (I hated ice cream b4 getting preggers), and my cravings for cheese grits, french fries, and cheese pizza! This baby will probably be a big one (and healthy I pray)!

I'm nearing the home stretch with just a little over 2 months to go. Thanks for the well-wishes everyone!! I hope to be back the hair bandwagon before you know it!!

Love ya,

SG

mamacita, your hair is even more beautiful than I remembered. Congrats on the pregnancy on on reaching past bra strap! Looking good.

SouthernGirl said:
Okay, that last one got me all misty-eyed, so I thought I'd post something funny.

I did a "Lessons Learned" thread quite some time ago where I talked about hair lessons learned over the years. Well here are some funny lessons I've learned during this pregnancy:

1) What the heck is this line doing going down my belly??? I woke up one morning and it was just there. I have no idea what it's for, but I hope it goes away. I thought maybe it was a guide for doing the C-section :)

2) I still walk past mirrors at times and see this new figure and jump because it takes getting used to. The belly grows FAST and suddenly. I wasn't really "showing" for about the 1st 4-5 months in most outfits, but then I woke up one day and had a watermelon!!

3) Your boobs will grow. And grow, and grow...

4) Always being somewhat weight-conscious, you have to get over gaining weight while pregnant, because YOU HAVE TO. In moderation I guess, but very necessary

5a) Maternity clothes - Okay, that's another thread, because I was in denial the first 5 months, still shopping at BCBG and Arden B., wondering why the clothes had all of a sudden gotten so small! My mom loved this. I questioned the designers coming out with these baby sizes and not designing for REAL WOMEN!!! :) That's when I found Motherhood Maternity and a few others.

5b) Maternity clothes add up and are very expensive. I learned how to "rig" my pre-preggers clothes by using rubber bands, safety pins, tape, everything! I prayed the wind didn't blow my shirt up on a few occasions to show the world what was keeping my pants up. I then discovered Bella Bands, and could breathe a sigh of relief!

6) Food will be your best friend!

7) Vanity gets put on hold, b/c all of the products I was using on my skin had to go right out with the trash - Retin A Micro, Hydroquinone for spots, anything containing high levels of Salycilic Acid, and certain other acne medications. EVERYTHING that has to be prescribed by a doctor that I was taking had to go. My doctor allowed me to use Proactive, which is working great, but nothing else.

8) There were times when I looked down at my ankles and remebered that scene from I'm gonna Git You Sucka when the guy's feet and and ankles were blowing up

9) I was tired A LOt

10) The kicks you feel are amazing. It's still wild to see it happen (happening now as we speak :) )

11) Hearing the heart beat and seeing the sonogram pix are the best

12) Did I say you eat a lot? :)

13) People are very polite, and will gladly offer to give up their seat

14) EVERYTHING makes me cry now (I was always sentimental but this is insane)

15) Working while pregnant is very interesting. Let's just say that there are some very comical side-effects of being pregnant, like, Oh, let's say... gas! Your body doesn't stop just b/c you're in the office

Hope you got a kick out of those!!

SG

those were funny!! :lol:

You look absolutely beautiful! hair, tummy..the whole nine!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Best wishes!! :)

Hi SouthernGirl:wave:

Congrats on your little bundle of joy!!!

Your hair is GAWWWWWWWWWWWWGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are such an inspiration!

Thanks for your lesson's learned, I'll have to keep them in mind should I ever be blessed to have a little one.

Once again Congrats, you look fantastic!

I've always loved your hair.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm also due in July, but I'm hoping for an end of June birth. :) :)

xippy said:
I've always loved your hair.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm also due in July, but I'm hoping for an end of June birth. :) :)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers!!! :kiss: I am so excited about being a new mommy soon.

Xippy,

Congratulations to you as well! I pray that you have a safe and happy delivery, and that whenever your little munchkin arrives, that he/she is healthy and happy :)

SG

Back