Faithful Humecto users, is there really

Miosy

anything out there that compares? I went through a 5lb tub in one month. I absolutely love the way my hair feels but buying a 5lb tub monthly is pricey. Is there anything out there in your opinion that makes your hair feel exactly the same as Humecto?

I have to agree, I like the Nexxus Humectress better. I just got a gigantic size Humectress and Therappe Shampoo for $22!!!!! They have a special pruchase sale going on at the JC Penny Salon. I see that you live in NJ, I got mine from the location in Co-Op City (all you Co-Op girls, get over there) but I am sure they have it at the other locations that have the salon. I can't remember the size but it is really big, the bottle have pumps on them. I have used them 2 for my daughter's hair and mine and I have't even made a dent. I also like the Salerm 21 and it's 8.95 at my beauty supply store. It's as small as the Humecto bottle but you really only need a little bit. My daughter and I share it and I still have quite a bit left from April when I purchased it. That stuff detangles my daughter's hair like no other (except Humectress). Good luck.

I LOVEEEE me some humecto but i have found that st. ives fortifying reconstructor gives me the same, if not better, results that the humecto does
smile.gif

Unfortunately, i can't find this product anymore and unless pepperanne has more, i'm @ss out
frown.gif

I love the humecto too. nexxus humectress never did much for my hair. lord knows I tried it many times but it never left my hair moisturized enough. the only conditioner that compares to humecto I think is the Aubrey Organics Aloe & Jojoba conditioner. It's almost the same consistency and is pretty moisturizing.

[ QUOTE ]
evanne said:
I have to agree, I like the Nexxus Humectress better. I just got a gigantic size Humectress and Therappe Shampoo for $22!!!!! They have a special pruchase sale going on at the JC Penny Salon. I see that you live in NJ, I got mine from the location in Co-Op City (all you Co-Op girls, get over there) but I am sure they have it at the other locations that have the salon. I can't remember the size but it is really big, the bottle have pumps on them. I have used them 2 for my daughter's hair and mine and I have't even made a dent. I also like the Salerm 21 and it's 8.95 at my beauty supply store. It's as small as the Humecto bottle but you really only need a little bit. My daughter and I share it and I still have quite a bit left from April when I purchased it. That stuff detangles my daughter's hair like no other (except Humectress). Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

what... jcpenny is having a nexxus sale?!!! i must go buy....

I actually like the Moisturefuse from Mizani as well. I have grown to like humecto. Before I discovered Humecto I only used moisturefuse.

Humecto just works for me. I use Humectress regularly too, but don't think I have anything that tops the Humecto... I switch up because I think hair does better if you shake it up from time to time. Humecto just works...

I've tried Nexxus Humectress and my hair did not respond to well to it. I thought of Mizani but it's expensive for that small jar.... I may try it. Thanks
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
I've tried Nexxus Humectress and my hair did not respond to well to it. I thought of Mizani but it's expensive for that small jar.... I may try it. Thanks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that the Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner works well. My hair is just as soft as when using the Humecto....
smile.gif

I like the Humecto for actual after shampooing conditioning.
I believe it is the little bit of mineral oil and other ingredients that makes a tad bit of difference. The Nexxus is "too" moisturizing: I wouldn't ever use it if I plan on flat ironing my hair. But i love it as leave in and daily moisturizer.

I like Stimulations by Design Essentials. I get soft silky hair with this one as I do with the Humecto.

I love Humectress. I do use alot of it (not the recommended amount), but it feels so good on my hair.

I'm a little shocked that you went through the 5lb size in a single month....:shocked: it sounds like you're using too much...unless you have super long hair??? I just got mine and I only really DC with Humecto after a shampoo wash. So once a week....I do like Nexuss but nothing compares to how soft my hair feels after I use Humecto....it is the ish! I love it! I wish I could find something that worked as well that was cheaper...until I find that it's Humecto all the way! Hair just slips and slides after DCing. Maybe I'll look into Humectruss again...I actually almost bought a big bottle today but it was overpriced at the CVS....I'll check out JCPenney first and then Target....it's always pretty cheap there anyway! But I still won't give up my beloved Humecto...:love5:

I'm a little shocked that you went through the 5lb size in a single month....:shocked: it sounds like you're using too much...unless you have super long hair??? I just got mine and I only really DC with Humecto after a shampoo wash. So once a week....I do like Nexuss but nothing compares to how soft my hair feels after I use Humecto....it is the ish! I love it! I wish I could find something that worked as well that was cheaper...until I find that it's Humecto all the way! Hair just slips and slides after DCing. Maybe I'll look into Humectruss again...I actually almost bought a big bottle today but it was overpriced at the CVS....I'll check out JCPenney first and then Target....it's always pretty cheap there anyway! But I still won't give up my beloved Humecto...:love5:

Doc, please try to find someone who sells legitimate Keracare tubs in DC. You can get them (5lb tubs) for between 27 and 40 dollars. That is so much more economical than anything else.

i got my 5lb tub of humecto from discountbeautysupply (forgot the web address) for $31...

and i LOVE IT!!! not a fan of the smell (smells like stank roses :grin: ) but mixed with a bit of spearmint essential oil, it's a lot better.

and it made my hair so soft!!! i pre-pooed with it last wash, and i can't wait to try it as an after-shampoo conditioner!

yay! (just wanted to share!)

Doc, please try to find someone who sells legitimate Keracare tubs in DC. You can get them (5lb tubs) for between 27 and 40 dollars. That is so much more economical than anything else.

Ugh...I know :sad:. I was looked at 10 different BSS in the MD area and found nada...I know that JCPenney's has the big one's but when I asked the stylists had the audacity to laugh at me and then say those large one's were for professional use only. I'm not gonna give up though I'm going to keep looking until I find the 5lb that is legitimate and I can tell too b/c that smell and consistency is very distinct. I love it! If anyone lives around me and knows where there actually are legitimate tubs for sale let me know. I'm wanna STOCK UP!

Back