Fake Apretadora??

ali52285

Recently had some pretty bad shedding all of a sudden....decided to try out Apretadora seeing the good results on the boards...I tried Queen Helene's Garlic shampoo, but that was too tangling for me...I purchased it from my local beauty supply, where I usually get everything.

I noticed the label to not look like the one in the picture listed on rounndbrushhair.com, it was an applied label...I bought it anyway, it looked the infamous Green color.

I currently have it in my hair as we speak, but I haven't noticed any green staining on my hands as mentioned by many users...did I get a knock-off???

I paid 9 bucks for it...I'm hoping it's not...anyone had more recent experiences with it, or can vouch for a new label??

Eisani

Recently had some pretty bad shedding all of a sudden....decided to try out Apretadora seeing the good results on the boards...I tried Queen Helene's Garlic shampoo, but that was too tangling for me...I purchased it from my local beauty supply, where I usually get everything.

I noticed the label to not look like the one in the picture listed on rounndbrushhair.com, it was an applied label...I bought it anyway, it looked the infamous Green color.

I currently have it in my hair as we speak, but I haven't noticed any green staining on my hands as mentioned by many users...did I get a knock-off???

I paid 9 bucks for it...I'm hoping it's not...anyone had more recent experiences with it, or can vouch for a new label??

Would it be too much to ask for a pic of your jar? There are two different labels I can think of right off top. Lemme see if I can find pics...

ETA:
http://www.roundbrushhair.com/ProductImages/apretadora16xxoz.gif
http://ibeautyny.com/upload/goods/AP 720091(4).jpg

Last edited:

ali52285

My label is actually the second one...thanks Eisani for finding it. I've washed it out, but still have hairs coming out...I'm going to wait until it's dry to see the final results.

By the way, assuming you've used it....did you use it as a pre-poo on wet hair or a DC, I know the directions said pre-poo, which is what I did, but using it as a DC sounds good. How many times and how often did you use it before you saw results, if you had any shedding problems...thanks so much in advance :)

loveable37

I notice a lot of sheddin also,
i have some GARLIC clovers raw in a small jar,
am goin to try to make my own GARLIC SHAMPOO mix it with some shampoo or i just might do APHOGEE TREATMENT.well i been drinkin :wallbash:A LOT lately if i luv my hair its gots ta stop.

PEACHEY

I have been using this for years now as a pre-poo. about a year ago someone posted that they used it as a conditioner and did not like how it left their hair feeling. if you try it as a conditioner, please post the results. Im curious.

Now in terms of the color. its funny you mentioned this. I had to restock about 2 months ago and ordered a jar off the net. when I got it, i was also thinking I got ripped off because the color was much lighter, and it appeared the consistency was different as well. so after arguing with the company, they agreed for me to return it. I then ordered another jar from a different company and theirs was the same color. so I called a distributor and asked them about it and the young lady stated that a lot of people had been comenting about this. she was told by the company that she purchases from that the shade of green varies, but it will never be very light. she placed me on hold and went and got a few jars and stated she noticed each had a different color green. so I think you are okay as long as it is not too light. make sure the consistency is right. i would not want you to get ripped off and its hard to tell due to dominican products not having the plastic security seals underneath the top. so its hard to know if it has been tampered with for streaching.

ACRawlins

Hey chicas...try Alter Ego Cren. These drops stop my shedding on impact. I got mine on Amazon. It's about $30/bottle.

Product Description
CURATIV EGO CREN Cren prevents the hairloss through the stimulating effect on the cellular metabolism and the nutritive contribution to the scalp. It contains active substances such as horse radish extracts(khown as Cren) and an amynopeptidic complex system derivated from the hydrolyzed soya proteins make the product an integrative nourishing and revitalizing element for the scalp, strenghening the piliferous bulb whose weakness can cause redness; it is reccommended to do a preliminary test of the products first and then proceed with the treatment. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE : wash the hair accurately with the shampoo and then dry it with a towel. Apply the lotion throughouly on the scalp and massage gently. Leave it on for a few minutes, and without rinsing it out proceed with the hair style. INGREIENTS INCI (CTFA) : Aqua (Water), Alcohol Den. (Alcohol), Hydrolized Soy Protein, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methyl Nicotinate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Cochlearia Armoracia (Horse-radish), Limonene, Tetrasodium Edta, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylparaben, Linalool, Tetrasodium Edta, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylparaben, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Coumarin, Bytylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Simethicone. SIZE : 125 ml / 4,22 fl oz Made in Italy

Eisani

My label is actually the second one...thanks Eisani for finding it. I've washed it out, but still have hairs coming out...I'm going to wait until it's dry to see the final results.

By the way, assuming you've used it....did you use it as a pre-poo on wet hair or a DC, I know the directions said pre-poo, which is what I did, but using it as a DC sounds good. How many times and how often did you use it before you saw results, if you had any shedding problems...thanks so much in advance :)

I use it periodically as a prepoo then DC w/Nutrine Unscented Garlic conditioner (I don't even fool w/the garlic shampoos) or Toque Magico Emergencia :lick: when I'm having excessive shedding issues. I've also used the AE Cren drops someone else mentioned. Consistent use stops the shedding dead in its tracks. Once you have the shedding in check, I'd still recommend using something 1-2 x's/month to keep it at bay.

Eisani

I have been using this for years now as a pre-poo. about a year ago someone posted that they used it as a conditioner and did not like how it left their hair feeling. if you try it as a conditioner, please post the results. Im curious.

Now in terms of the color. its funny you mentioned this. I had to restock about 2 months ago and ordered a jar off the net. when I got it, i was also thinking I got ripped off because the color was much lighter, and it appeared the consistency was different as well. so after arguing with the company, they agreed for me to return it. I then ordered another jar from a different company and theirs was the same color. so I called a distributor and asked them about it and the young lady stated that a lot of people had been comenting about this. she was told by the company that she purchases from that the shade of green varies, but it will never be very light. she placed me on hold and went and got a few jars and stated she noticed each had a different color green. so I think you are okay as long as it is not too light. make sure the consistency is right. i would not want you to get ripped off and its hard to tell due to dominican products not having the plastic security seals underneath the top. so its hard to know if it has been tampered with for streaching.

This is what's going on w/me and my 11 en 1 right now. I got it from the same place but happened to look at the bottles and the newer one that I don't like is from a different distributor (Castillo). I don't like it as well as the one that comes from Mimor, it's a different color and smells different. I thought about ordering it from a diff site but I don't wanna risk getting the same junk again. I wonder what's going on? Increase in demand, maybe?