Falls aka 3/4 wigs....???

Leslie_C

I was wondering what your view is on these? Do they hurt or help your hair?

I have one of those instant weaves and Ive worn it maybe twice, one because I feel a little weird about wearing a wig even if its only part of one, and two because its HOT, and three because Im afraid where the combs go in it will break my hair off and/or thin it out over time.

On the other hand, it would be a cute protective style because all u do it leave a little hair out in the front and blend, and the back u can have in a braid tucked under, invisible to the world.

what do u think about them and how they affect your hair?

I've been using the instant weave as a protective style for summer for the past month. This is the first time I've ever worn hair that was not my own....but no one can tell! So far, everything has been okay, because I oil my ends & pin them up. But, like you, I've been wondering if it's okay to do for a while. My head doesn't get hot underneath because there is so much ventilation. I take it down when I get home from work & I try not to wear them on the weekend. Any other opinions out there?

lynx, well your hair looks like its doing great, its really coming along.

Im the same way, Im paranoid that people will think "WIG!!!" when they see me but they cant tell. My sister and a friend both asked me in the same day if it was my hair or the weave because they couldnt tell since it looks just like my hair when its been flat ironed. But I can tell a big difference in thickness....but the length and texture looks like when Ive had it done.

Sorry, sometimes I forget to log off! I went out to dinner with my honey & didn't realize it until this morning!
blush.gif
)
The photos posted are before I started wearing the instant weave. I have 3 so far. I started with a Sensationnel & Outre. I'm addicted to the Outre. I have all human hair pieces in #4 which matches my hair to a tee (although I have natural coppery blonde streaks in my hair in front). Outre Diana (the one I wear to work) & Outre Brandy and Sensationnel 8000 for funtime. I am planning to buy Outre's Rochelle this week.

http://www.outrehair.com/q2.htm

What about you?

I have the sensationnel 8000 too! I like the ones u have by the other brand too....did u order them online or find them locally? Id kinda like to find a cute one that looks like a flexi rod set.

these are really great for working out too. I could rinse and condition my hair at night and in the morning throw on my fall and go!

for some reason I feel more comfortable in a phony pony than a fall though...lol. I always think someones going to come up and pat my on the back of the head and feel the cushioning/net....lol that would be so embarassing! or that the bump from where is clips on is suddenly obvious and ppl are staring....yeah Im very paranoid!

I used to wear a fall all the time and it was great. The first one I ever had, I wore it into the ground and my hair was fine. Even though I'm past bra-strap now, I'm thinking of maybe wearing phony ponys and falls again for fun and to break up the monotony of these boring protective styles. Thanks for posting this! I hadn't thought about falls in years.
smile.gif

when u have a lot of new growth, do u have to curl or flat iron the front to make it match the hair/blend in better?

You guys were reading my mind! I've been researching this for a long time now. I thought about doing a wig, but I've never seen one that looked real to me.

I've been thinking of getting a fall (I think they call them Instant Weaves) but I'm not sure where to go. Did you all buy online? If so, give me the details on what I should be looking for (types, styles, stock #, etc).

I'm just trying to get to my goal quicker
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
You guys were reading my mind! I've been researching this for a long time now. I thought about doing a wig, but I've never seen one that looked real to me. I've been thinking of getting a fall (I think they call them Instant Weaves) but I'm not sure where to go. Did you all buy online? If so, give me the details on what I should be looking for (types, styles, stock #, etc).

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that a reputable wig shop would be the most likely source.

The Internet is another viable option. However, unless one knows her exact hair color, it may be difficult to get a color match via on-line ordering.

Otherwise, you might want to have your stylist purchase the fall for you. She/He would be able to assist in matching the color of the fall to your own hair, not to mention purchase at a discount. Actually, my mother shared this piece of advice with me.

I have been contemplating the purchase of a fall for several months, as well as a nice ponytail.

My mother wore wigs for years, and her natural hair really grew. She always kept her natural hair plaited(braided).

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
You guys were reading my mind! I've been researching this for a long time now. I thought about doing a wig, but I've never seen one that looked real to me. I've been thinking of getting a fall (I think they call them Instant Weaves) but I'm not sure where to go. Did you all buy online? If so, give me the details on what I should be looking for (types, styles, stock #, etc).

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that a reputable wig shop would be the most likely source.

The Internet is another viable option. However, unless one knows her exact hair color, it may be difficult to get a color match via on-line ordering.

Otherwise, you might want to have your stylist purchase the fall for you. She/He would be able to assist in matching the color of the fall to your own hair, not to mention purchase at a discount. Actually, my mother shared this piece of advice with me.

I have been contemplating the purchase of a fall for several months, as well as a nice ponytail.

My mother wore wigs for years, and her natural hair really grew. She always kept her natural hair plaited(braided).

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Northernbelle,

That's a great idea. I'll just visit a wig shop here or if I buy online, make sure they have a return policy that I can live with
smile.gif

Take care,

SG

I have been thinking about adding an instant weave fall to my rotation as well. Right now I am wearing a phony pony, but I want to try something new. I am worried about breakage, I have some phony pony crown breakage I am dealing with now. Are the instant weaves really secure? I can just imagine my instant weave being twisted and me not even realizing it.
laugh.gif

yes they are very secure which is why Im worried about breakage. The inside is like those stretchy comb headbands that go all the way around your head and u snap at the back of your neck. Do you know what Im talking about?

I had some breakage in the front when I used to wear a wet look and one of those headbands most days of the week....but I think it was more so from it being wet plus the stress of the headband.

I would probably wear a fall for no more than one week at a time and take it off as soon as I got home. Then I would alternate with phony ponies. I didnt get crown breakage from ponies, but it kind of thinned out my sides over time.

still debating about this though....

I hear you Leslie. I dunno. I'm going to think about it a little longer. It would just be so nice to give my hair a break for while. Good luck!

Back