Fantasia IC Gel + Curly Primer Method=OMG HAIR!!!!!!!!

Truth

After reading this I decided to go to the site ..read up and give it a try... needless to say.. this has been the answer to my struggle for defining my curls... I did the twirling method using Aussie 3 minute mircale moisture treament. Its verrrrrrryyyyy soft and Verrryyyy defined :yep: . The only thing is that I have so many lil curls that twirling each one takes FOREVER (my arms started to hurt!!!!)..so I'm going to smooth them2morrow and see how it works..Thanks Sky for posting this..

ctbernard76

I tried this too and though it's not quite dry...I think that I'm loving it! I tried the Curly Primer method last week w/o the gel and it was not the look that I was going for. The gel gave it exactly what I needed to define the curl. Thanks for the recommendation! Oh and your hair does look super cute!!!

cherryhair123

Your curls are pretty-
Here's the tough question, does it give you second, third, and beyond hair after you do this method.?

sheba1

Thank you so much for posting this!! After reading this, I used her method with my wash n go and had fab results. I loved it so much that I went out and bought some Fantasia IC gel. Thanks again!

naturaline

Once you load your section of hair with Fantasia gel and brush it, your curls will begin to seperate into individual strands. You just take those strands that group together as a curl and smooth them from the root to the tip and let go. That curl will then bounce back and be well defined.

wow beautiful!!! where does she mention the gel? did u use a con too? i like what she does.

Avaya

Your hair looks really cute! Does this "Fantasia IC Gel" make the hair feel hard to the touch or is it malleable?

naturaline

lolol i tried this today........... my hair drinks up any con (i used HH) It looks like a big ol'afro!!! i like it... but i think next time i need to add more con and make sure my hair V.WET WET WET.

skyborn09

I'm glad thats its working for some of you ladies. But to answer the question about 2nd 3rd or 4th day hair, I have a twa so when I sleep it just smashes :perplexed whatever I do so I have to fluff in the morning anyway. But yeah I wear it out for a good 3 to 5 days :grin:. And the fantasia gel doesn't make my hair hard because I cowash so I have a little conditioner in there anyway.

HeChangedMyName

So as a new natural, I've been looking for a way to define my curls and I came across tightlycurly.com. First off, this lady has gorgeous natural hair that reaches to her butt :drunk: and she has her own method to define her curls. I tried her technique and came out with soft shiny beautiful curls (I love It!) that pop. All I did was wash my hair with Cantu shampoo, then I took individual sections and detangled with my knock-off denman :lachen:, loaded it with Fantasia clear gel and smoothed each curl out. Here are some pics cuz I know how it is wen someones raves about a product or method but doesn't show the results. Hope you guys like! :grin:

This is great. I bought some of this Fantasia gel for my daughters hair, but I don't think I did what was necessary to make her curls pop. Off to the website to see what else I can find. Thanks for posting your results.

What hair type are you? and knock off denman??? do tell, please.

Last edited:

Ronnieaj

I saw your thread and tried it myself last night with KCCC, and I LOVE the results! I wear a wng two days a week (rest of the time in twists), and my hair POPPED this morning. The section of hair on the back never gets definition, until today! I also have a knockoff Denman, bought it from CVS, I think from Conair. I used it for the first time last night, after pre-poo, cowashing, DC'ing, doing an acv rinse, and LOADING my hair with GVP The Conditioner (Paul Mitchell knockoff). My curls were super defined after just using the brush, and then I took separate sections, like 6 total, put some KCCC in and used the smoothing technique. I am very impressed and have gotten quite a few compliments. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Qurlyqt

Very pretty! I'll have to keep this in mind whenever my challenge is over and I come out of my bun. :yep:

Ramya

Great results! hmm I might try this to combat summer frizz with my wash and gos. It looks like we have similar textures so this should work for me.

Aggie

Very pretty OP. I am already using the Fantasia IC gel on my edges with great success. I am 6 months into my stretch and it's working perfectly at the moment. The clear one doesn't work as well on me as the others so I won't be repurchasing it. The green, blue and pink ones are awesome on my hair.