FANTASIA IC GEL USERS, HELP!

angroca

I finally bought the gel a couple days ago after reading good reviews but the consistency is way thicker than I am used to and I feel like I'm not distributing it well so I end up using too much(I think) and my hair is not as soft as I would like it to be. So please share your routine when you use the fantasia. Does anyone dilute it? I am not a fan of applying products to soaking wet hair so that is not an option. Do you mix it with anything? Leave in + gel and that's it or do yo apply anything after the gel? Please help me out, I really want to like this especially since I have 20oz of it. Thanks in advance!

so1913

Sorry, I only use it and have good results on soaking wet hair. Makes it easy to distribute and allows the curls to form better for me.

I also use it in conjunction with Mizani Silk Defining Mousse (over a leave in conditioner)

Hidden_Angel

:) Cool I was wondering about this also because I was plaining on using it on my hair also after i finish deep condtioning.

Hidden_Angel

Your hair doesn't drip when you do this, you dont need a WHOLE lot of water but away you can test it out is by taking a strand of hair and wet it and then put the gel on it and then you can watch and see how much water you need to really make these pretty curls shine and curl up really nicely:)

kweenameena

I'm glad you started this thread because I just bought some yesterday. My hair idol uses it (so1913) so I'm hoping it works for me too!

balisi

The method I use is as follows, starting with four sections and a towel around my shoulders:

I apply a creamy leave-in on soaking wet, detangled hair
Brush through each section with Denman
Apply Fantasia IC to each section and finger comb lightly
Arrange my hair the way I want it to fall, Denman brush a few small sections for extra definition
Shake slightly to loosen any clumps
By now, there is no drippy hair and I let it airdry

In cooler weather, I either diffuse dry or hood dry partially before going on my way.

Last edited:

locoabouthair

so1913 said:
Sorry, I only use it and have good results on soaking wet hair. Makes it easy to distribute and allows the curls to form better for me.

I also use it in conjunction with Mizani Silk Defining Mousse (over a leave in conditioner)

same here.except I use aveda be curly, or noodle head curl creme before, then apply gel

jewel

I condition wash my hair then lightly dry with a microfiber towel until 40% of water is absorbed. I proceed to add a little coconut oil and IC gel mixed together section my hair into four parts and finger the mix through. Lastly, I scrunch my hair to help define curls. I really like the way my curls form after its dry.

BTW, all you ladies hair are gorgeous!!!:D :love:

HighlyFavored1

i do! its great! I use the blue one or the brown one

so do you apply it to her hair while it is wet and then let it airdry or do you put it on after drying? do you brush your hair down afterward? wear a scarf to tie it down? what steps do you take? TIA

Kurlee

so do you apply it to her hair while it is wet and then let it airdry or do you put it on after drying? do you brush your hair down afterward? wear a scarf to tie it down? what steps do you take? TIA
when my hair is wet and after i put my leave in i smooth it over my hair and put it back. Usually thats enough but on unruly days i miay give it a few light strokes with a brush:)blush:). Then i ties my hair down until i'm going out. When i take it off my hair is SLICKKKKKKKKKKK and wavessssss:drunk: and shine:grin:

HighlyFavored1

when my hair is wet and after i put my leave in i smooth it over my hair and put it back. Usually thats enough but on unruly days i miay give it a few light strokes with a brush:)blush:). Then i ties my hair down until i'm going out. When i take it off my hair is SLICKKKKKKKKKKK and wavessssss:drunk: and shine:grin:

thanks! since a good chunk of my hair is texlaxed now I want to see if I can achieve a slick wavy looking bun. I am going to try Fantasia IC after I wash my hair and then let it airdry with a a scarf.