Fat Foam Hair Color

candita

So I'm paranoid about the grey hairs I started to develop at the ripe of age of 22 (insert sigh here), so I've been coloring my hair for about 5 years. My natural color is brown, so I don't go drastic. I go anywhere from reddish brown to black. I stick to semi-permanents, mainly because I can't commit to one color and to avoid anything harsh since I do relax my hair.

I saw ads for Fat Foam and figured I'd try it because I always drip when using hair color and living in a rented apartment, that's no bueno. Fat Foam advertises itself as a "Non-drip, whipped foam, permanent hair color".

The "no-drip" factor was wonderful. Mixing the dye was very easy as was the application process. You leave it on for 30 minutes (plus another 5-10 depending on the texture of your hair aka coarse). I stuck to about 25 since it was my first time using the product. The color rinsed out well and the shampoo/conditioner set it came with didn't overdry out my hair (granted I did add a bit of coconut oil to the ends of my hair along with the conditioner).

The color came out really nice and my hair feels good and most importantly, it didn't dry out and break off (Yes, i've had that happen before, when I was 11...scarred me for life!:lachen:). Time will tell how long the "permanent" color lasts, but so far, I'm impressed.

Pros:
  • No Dripping
  • Easy to mix the dye
  • easy application
  • didn't dry out my hair

Cons:
  • Available only at Walmart (and I HATE Walmart with a passion)
  • Needs 30 minuetes of processing time
  • limited color options (mainly reddish brown to black, I think 8 or so options in total)
  • Doesn't drip but if you touch anything with the glove, it will still stain

Janet'

Sounds great! I, too, am a premature grey-er (started at 19)! I, too, am a serial color-er, but I go hard (permanent, lol). Do you have any pics? I'm glad it worked out for you!