fda (un)approved???

DivaD04

did u know that Minoval is an unapproved item. i've looked this prod up to try to buy it an it said it was an fda approved item, yippy...so it claims. i went to the fda website and searched for this product just cuz and it is actually an unapproved item. hey if you ever wonder if a product is REALLY approved yall should look it up too.

O well my world hasn't come to an end i'll try something else.

here's the site if yall want to check it out:

http://www.fda.gov/

http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/6/ora_oasis_i_62.html

http://google2.fda.gov/search?clien...output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=*&q=Minoval&as=GO

a haitian potent hair lotion thats suppose to as it states from their site: MINOVAL Lotion helps prevent hair loss,
and stimulates new growth, at the root. i've read a thread about minoval the other day (posted in 2005) one of the ladies was like it ifyour not careful, minoval will make you grow a beard. so basically where this stuff land this stuff will make hair grow there...lol i guess that's some powerful stuff. i want to try it but i'm kinda reluctant seeing how the fda doesn't think this stuff should be sold in the US.

http://minoval.com/

Hmm, well not to go against authority... actually I take that back, because I dont think the FDA has Americans best interest at heart as much as Corporate America's bottomline. My mother used Minoval at one point and it definitely helped her hair to grow in thicker and fuller. As with the FDA denying other tried and true cures that have been used in other countries, they are most likely denying something like minoval because its not generating the type of commerce that highly expensive hair restoration programs do. Minoval has stuff like vegetable or beef protein, kind of reminds me of how Dominicans grease there scalps with chicken fat. My point being that, something so easy to come by is not as lucrative as something that only high priced scientists can chemically compose and create a demand for. So I say forget their approval when it comes to certain things. You can also compare this to Stevia. Do a search on it, its a natural sweetener from a plant and is used in other parts of the world. The FDA doesnt approve it, and not because its dangerous, but because chemical sweetner lobbyists like splenda and even the sugar cane industry have been protesting against this coming on to the seen as a competing sweetener for a long time. Commerce baby, always follow the money if you want to know the truth.

Kristal, I see the active ingredient in Minoval is the same one found in Rogaine (Minoxidil) which explains why it grew your mom's hair back. But Minoxidil has to be used for life once started otherwise the hair that grew in will fall off again. So is your mom still using it? And has that been her experience?

Once and a while she uses it, but I have her on the natural oil kick as well and recently she went "natchal" and her hair is doing well. But I didn't know about that specific ingredient, probally flew completely under my radar, only thing I noticed were the proteins, thanks.

Kristal, I see the active ingredient in Minoval is the same one found in Rogaine (Minoxidil) which explains why it grew your mom's hair back. But Minoxidil has to be used for life once started otherwise the hair that grew in will fall off again. So is your mom still using it? And has that been her experience?

Quick question though, why do you think its unapproved if it has the same active ingredient as Rogaine? I wonder if its because Minoval is far cheaper, this would tie into my money theory. :)

My grandmother is addicted to QVC and she purchased this "hair growth miracle set" that had that ingredient. It cost her 200 bucks for this:nono:
This made me so mad!!! I rather pay 5.00 a year and make hair care a lifestyle!:yep:

Quick question though, why do you think its unapproved if it has the same active ingredient as Rogaine? I wonder if its because Minoval is far cheaper, this would tie into my money theory. :)

No idea why it's not approved. Don't know much about how the FDA works. I imagine that they do tests/research on products before they approve them, so perhaps they just haven't done it on this? Also, how did you know about the protein in the product? Is it listed somewhere?

I think your money theory would still be right if the beneficiaries from the sale of Minoval were not in the "in crowd", if what you say about Splenda vs Stevia is true. *shrug*

Back