Feeling Discourged about this growth cycle information

superstar

I feel discourged because I want to reach a certain hair goal ( a few inches from brastrap) and I just recently researched information about the 3 diffrent phases your hair goes through and that you have a hair life cycle.

I am so confused about this because how am I getting growth every month? And where does that growth go, does it realize my cycle is up and disappear?
And how do we know what our hair cycle is: 2,3,,4 years?

I guess I'm asking these questions because I don't want to waste my time and energy just for a big let down. I mean if it's not possible because of this whole "hair growth cycle" then why am I killing myself with all these methods to retain hair growth?

I am sooo sorry to sound so negative I am just venting from pure discourgement :sad: :sad: :sad:

Please don't be discouraged. Even people with hair down to their knees have a growth cycle. I'm not sure if you realize that it is not ALL of your strands that are in the same phase at the same time. Whatever the length of your personal growth cycle, just continue to take the best care of your hair.

Balisi is correct.
The different strands are at different phases all the time....
The extent of the cycle also depends on your nutritional intake, stress, and a bunch of other factors that all play a part in how your hair grows. Just keep taking care of the dead cells that are already out & nourish your body from the inside! You will find your reward at the end of that sexy rainbow in no time!!:kiss:
:grin:

Don't be discouraged or worried at all.

I believe each individual hair strand has a different length of life and goes through cycles/phases at different times. If not, all of our hair would fall out all at the same time! :eek:

dont get discouraged because each individual strand is at a different place in it's growth cycle. the only time each strand of your hair is on the same cycle is when you are a newborn and you get your first head of hair. You will never see your hair coming to a halt and just all shedding off. And to make you feel more positive, i believe that the research has been done for folks who do not take extra care of their hair and do not take hair supplements. I think hair supplements/ good diet/ and taking care of the hair is a way to 'stretch' your hair's growth potential. Isn't that what MSM and a few other minerals do to your hair?
So for example, if thru research that u found out that your hair's growth cycle is 4yrs and your hair only grows 1/2inch a month, then your maximum growth would be 24inches, HOWEVER if you take supplements, eat a healthy diet and take care of your hair, you can possibily start growing 3/4inch of hair per month, and also it may elongate your hair cycle to 5yrs. so now you have the potential to grow 45 inches of hair!!! So nevermind what they say....u just keep eating good and taking care of your hair and GROW, GROW, GROW!!!!

superstar said:
I feel discourged because I want to reach a certain hair goal ( a few inches from brastrap) and I just recently researched information about the 3 diffrent phases your hair goes through and that you have a hair life cycle.

I am so confused about this because how am I getting growth every month? And where does that growth go, does it realize my cycle is up and disappear?
And how do we know what our hair cycle is: 2,3,,4 years?

I guess I'm asking these questions because I don't want to waste my time and energy just for a big let down. I mean if it's not possible because of this whole "hair growth cycle" then why am I killing myself with all these methods to retain hair growth?

I am sooo sorry to sound so negative I am just venting from pure discourgement :sad: :sad: :sad:

most of the population of the world like 95% have the potential ability to grow thier hair down to their waist or tailbone at least. Now if you get there or not depends on haircare, paitience and diet. Don't give up just set shorter term goals for yourself like top of bra strap lower brastrap, 2" past BS then waist etc...

Back