FHI irons on sale at amazon

Loliz

Can someone tell me why the FHI platform iron is on sale at Amazon.com for only $99.00 http://www.amazon.com/FHI-Heat-Platform-Professional-Technology/dp/B000JQQHSE
and the same iron is going for $180.00 on the FHIheat.com website? http://www.fhiusa.com/fhiplcestir1.html

I called FHI directly and they said it might be because some people sell the irons who are not authorized dealers. However, this is coming from amazon.com directly and not through a person selling on amazon.com so I don't know and the lady at FHI didn't seem to be able to say (or maybe she didn't WANT to say because she knew if she said there was no difference I would buy it from amazon).

I mean that is a big difference in price - almost double! but I don't want to get something that isn't authorized if the thing breaks down and I need a new one or a replacement. I will spend the extra 80 if I have to, but I just want to make sure I am doing it because it is necessary.

Has anyone else bought a FHI from amazon.com? This specific type? The FHI Platform Ceramic Styling Iron 1" with Nano Technology?

Help appreciated.

HoneyDew

I really want to try this one to compare it with my beloved FHI 207-RVI. But, I own 2 of those so I don't plan on buying another. It looks the same though!

danysedai

I have the same FHI honeydew has, I bought from folica.com from 79.99 USD a week ago,it's awesome, my hair is very silky and not frizzy at all even in this canadian weather

Mizani_Mrs

yea u might wanna buy your flatiron from folica.com. they are authorized dealers and sell many flatiron brands but the FHI normally costs around $90-100 on there. and they have a great return policy...

seemegrow

If you decide to not use folica.com you can try frizzy2silky.com the fhi is $68.99 with no ship/handling and a free packet of fhi hot sauce heat protectant.

crlsweetie912

seemegrow said:
If you decide to not use folica.com you can try frizzy2silky.com the fhi is $68.99 with no ship/handling and a free packet of fhi hot sauce heat protectant.

Lawd why did I come into this thread?