FHI Warranty

Rastafarai

Hi all!

I am considering getting a FHI iron from Folica.com or the manufacturer's website but after much review, I realize FHI's warranty is generally limited to one year and supposedly tends to not work as well over time.

In comparison, both Sedu and Solia have two year warranties and reviews tend to suggest better lifespan than FHI irons.

I have natural 4a/4b hair and do not plan on flat ironing often, however, I want something that will do the job well and last me for a few years.

On the otherhand FHI was recommended as being the best flat iron for 4a/4b naturals but I fear spending all that money for a tool that may break down easily.

Any suggestions or advice on this??

ETA: Here is what I want to straighten

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've had a FHI for over a year and a half with no problems. It straightens my dh's 4z hair beautifully :yep:

nakialovesshoes

There is a thread about the Runway & I posted this on there as well. If you're planning to buy the Runway, your warranty will not be honored if you buy it online. According to FHI's customer service, the warranty on the Runway is only honored if you buy direct from FHI or from one of their authorized dealers (no one is authorized to sell online). There is a website www.pinkcorset.com - if you contact the owner, Maribel is her name I think, you can order over the phone from her for $260 w/shipping. She is an authorized dealer. Last time I was on the thread there was a backorder from the manufacturer until December - probably due to LHCF. :rolleyes:

I don't know if this applies to the other irons - I didn't ask b/c I'm simply interested in the Runway. HTH...

Last edited:

SoCalli

I've had the first generation FHI iron for about 4 years. I've never had a problem with it. It still works great. IMO, FHI irons are the best of the best.

SoCalli

I've never tried the Sedu iron. It looks good as well. When I bought my FHI, I thought it was the best at the time. Then Sedu came along. I was thinking about getting that one until I looked up other irons on the FHI website. I think the technology in the FHI irons are the best, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one.

Sedu's selling point is that you can create so many styles b/c of how the plates are designed. For me, I only use my flat iron to straighten my hair. If I want other looks, I use rollers, bantu knots, or a flat iron. This is not a big selling point for ME. Ultimately, I think any flat iron can do what the Sedu does. Now when you start getting into the technology of the actual plates and what they are made of, the Sedu cannot even compete IMO.

Sedu technology:
True Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Technology enables plate to produces a potent mass of negative ions and far-infrared heat. Negative ions eliminate frizz and close the cuticle to create smooth, shiny hair while far infrared heat penetrates hair from within, resulting in faster styling with less damage.

FHI technology:
Tourmaline, nano silver, nano titanium & nano titanium oxide treated

Floating plates self-adjust to thick hair. Removes chemicals/ bacteria. Nano titanium adds shine and evens heating. Safe on Damp Hair

Here you can compare a whole range of flat irons. Unfortunately, the Sedu isn't in the chart:
http://www.misikko.com/best-flat-iron-chart.html