Finally did it. Here I am

D

donewit-it

Hi guys, NCarter here. I don't care about anonymity. As you can see quite original. Anyway, I finally joined after lurking:sekret: for some time. Well I did the BC on August 6 of this year and I am stuggling with my TWA. (1-1 1/2 in) I want to get some growth with braid extensions, or I just may learn to love my hair in it's natural state.

Shout out to Patient1 - So glad you are doing your thing. I'm very proud of you and I love ya, girl:swordfigh

Everyone else, I haven't learn't all the names yet but there are many beautiful women out there with beautiful hair.

I have no problem growing hair but I do have a problem with patience. Hope to get encouragement and support from you guys. Thanks again.

WELCOME...i was a lurker for months too...reading all the archive post and learning about different products, i love this site...can`t get enough of it.

Welcome!You came to the right place. All you will ever need to fall in love with your natural hair is right here ;)

Hey, a fellow newbie! Good to have ya!

When I did the bc 2 years ago, I couldn't get myself to rock the twa either. It wasn't so much the length that bothered me but I had gotten a texturizer and thought it was gonna be curly. Turns out my stylist didn't tell me the right products to use. I bought a wig the next day and wore it until it was long enough to get braids.

ncarter72 said:
Hi guys, NCarter here. I don't care about anonymity. As you can see quite original. Anyway, I finally joined after lurking:sekret: for some time. Well I did the BC on August 6 of this year and I am stuggling with my TWA. (1-1 1/2 in) I want to get some growth with braid extensions, or I just may learn to love my hair in it's natural state.

Shout out to Patient1 - So glad you are doing your thing. I'm very proud of you and I love ya, girl:swordfigh

Everyone else, I haven't learn't all the names yet but there are many beautiful women out there with beautiful hair.

I have no problem growing hair but I do have a problem with patience. Hope to get encouragement and support from you guys. Thanks again.

Welcome ncarter:)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey girl!!!! Big hugs!!!

Come down my way and I'll hook you up with some braids, comb coils, two-strand twists, or kinky twists or WHATEVER. At the pace your hair grows, I'm sure it's long enough for any of those styles and THICK.

Glad you're still hanging in there with the natural hair on this go round, but you know my motto. Enjoy it, don't endure it.

Be sure you ask as many specific questions as you need to.

Again, I love your nutty behind!!

p1

ncarter72 said:

Welcome girl, HHG
Now i'm off to prepare an injection shot for you...100% encouragement + support
;)

Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes. My hair is I think I combo of 4a/4b. I have full curls on the crown and a nice texture of kinks around the nape and sides. My hair is thick, thick, thick. Did I say thick. Two months ago I cut off all my relaxed hair (8ins) after transitioning for about 4 months. I just couldn't take it. So Patient1 and I went to a barber shop and chopped it all off. I'vd done this many times before (about 3xs to be exact), so cutting my hair is not a big deal to me. My hair grows and grows. It's just dealing with the thickness. Did I say my hair is thick:look:.
So this cold frosty morning, I decided to not wash and go as usual, so my hair is looking a hot mess amongst my corporate position here at work. But ask me if I care:eek: .

I've rocked locs about three times in my lifetime, a natural fro and of course the infamous relaxed doobie(which I feel most comfortable with). But to digress for a brief moment.....I believe that I am beautiful in my natural state that God created me in; therefore, I made the decision hopefully finally to be 100% natural. I just need you guys and the strength of God to continue with me on my journey to freedom. Love ya all. Once again, thanks for the warm welcomes

Oh yeah. I haven't figured out all the features of this forum yet, so I'm just goint to addd that my hair is 1-1 1/2ins long. I've told you the texture it is. Did I tell you my hair is thick?:lol: I am currently using VO5 Strawberries N'Cream Conditioner for CWs, I DC with Emergencia, I use Beyond the Zone Leave In and Noodlehead then I'm out the door.
I have to come up with something else during these upcoming cold winter days. What do you suggest. I mentioned before that I might want to get braid extensions to get me through the cold. My only concern is that my hair may be too short and slip out, or they might do it toooooooo tight:mad: or I will waste my money because I've never kept my past braids in for as long as I should. Any suggestions?:ohwell:

Back