Find a Regimen Challenge 2009??

Sundiva

I just saw this. Has the challenge started? This clearly is where I need to start. I love what I am reading but sometimes as a newbie, you can get lost in the abbreviations and the names of all the products, WHEW!! I need to start here and work my way up. So has the challenge started?

Miniaturemom

Oh, thank you! I'm in. What are the rules? Do we have a deadline?
I think SistaSlick's article on finding a regimen will work good for guidelines. This is great for motivation.

Sundiva

Hello Ladies!!

I DID IT!!!:spinning: Im glad to report that I have found a regimen. Its based on 2x weekly washes, one with a protein treatment and one with a deep conditioner.
My regimen is as follows:
--Wash with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo
--ORS Mayo Hair treatment for protein (on DC washings, I use Pantene Pro-V for women of color, Deep Conditioning Hair Masque)
--After ORS Mayo, I use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted for Curls and Waves Conditioner
--Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
--Pantene Pro-V moisturizer (also using Profectiv Growth Lotion Moisturizer and Nourish and Shine)
--Castor Oil as a sealant.
OMG, in the short time that I have been on the boards and this site I have learned so much!! I used my regimen last night and did a protein treatment. After I sealed my hair, I twisted and my hair hasn't felt this soft or looked so healthy in a long time. I am very hopeful now and on the way to long wonderful hair that I love!!

Thanx ladies:grin:

Sundiva

Oh, thank you! I'm in. What are the rules? Do we have a deadline?
I think SistaSlick's article on finding a regimen will work good for guidelines. This is great for motivation.

By the way, I read this article and its AMAZING!!! I used her sample and built mine from this. She is awesome:)

sdenisew

I'm a newbie and I'd like to join. I've purchased Phyto products, Keracare, Aubrey Organics, and goodness knows what else. My wallet can't take anymore purchases and I still have to find a good leave in and moisturizer!

I read somewhere that it takes approximately 30 days to see the effects of a product. I've got to stop buying the lastest and greatest that I hear about and test what I have first.

I'm reading up and jotting down the notes that I think relate to me on here and go from there. Hopefully I'll create some sort of regimen. I have a trip coming up in August. I've got to grow some hair and lose some weight! Wish me luck!!!

Last edited:

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'd like to join as well.....I joined the site in Feb and I am now starting to try out new products and will need to narrow this down soon....I see signs of a product junkie emerging.....

silenttullip

I should join cause I never stick to a regimen right now I need the commitment to my regimen and I need to find a detangler and a good leave in

for now its

AO GPB or Giovanni Tea Tree Deep Con.
AO J.a.y shampoo
JustNatural Vinegar Rinse
Shea Butter
Twist into sections and then I'm so lost lol

silenttullip

I'd like to join as well.....I joined the site in Feb and I am now starting to try out new products and will need to narrow this down soon....I see signs of a product junkie emerging.....

LOL I see the same signs in myself
I just wanna buy this or sample that with hopes it will give me what I need: moisture, wave, and detangling even in humidity lol

Mz_Zartavia

Hi ladies! I'm a little late in joining the challenge but I soooooo need this right now! Fell off the wagon and roaring to get started again. And with us in a new location, my hair needs a whole new regimen!