Let's Start a "Newbie Challenge"

Count me in!! I'm somewhat of a newbie. I've been a lurker for a long time, but am now becoming "official", keeping up with my fotki and everything. I hope to be BSL next year, I say by Sept of next year. I want to build in some time for setbacks, as I'm sure I'll have some. My hair doesn't seem to grow past APL.

preciousjewel76 said:
Hey ladies!:wave:

I'm pretty new to the board, but after reading through several threads, I'd like to issue a friendly challenge to my fellow newbies! I'm calling for us to stick to a healthy hair regimen until February 2007. Now, in my opinion, a healthy hair regimen = a healthy body regimen. So I plan to stick to a balanced diet, drink lots of water, and stay physically active throughout this challenge. And of course, I'm going to apply the knowledge I've learned in the LHCF and take care of my hair (moisturizing, protein, protective styles, etc.)!

So, who's up for it? Let me know if you have suggestions ladies!

I'm in as well. I just joined yesterday. Right now, I get my hair done every 2 weeks at the hairdresser. I take Hair, skin and nails vitamins and drink lots of water. It's been hard for me to work out because of my work schedule, but I'm up for the challenge. I;m looking at other ladies regimes on the various threads and I'll try to incorporate some of them into mine...

I joined LHCF last Friday and I think a challenge for newbies is fantastic. I have already upped my water intake to 2l a day and am using the information I am learning here into creating a healthy hair regime

im in- i big chopped in August and have had only a half inch of new growth per month. I really want my hair to grow. But I am confused abt the MSM- sulfur how much i should take etc

i'm totally IN! also a newbee and totally stuck on this site. (konw a LHCF anonymous i can go to??)
will drink atleast two litres of water (even if i have to do it in one go!) and take hair and nail vitamins.. everyday.. no exceptions.
and less sugar (ok ur right.. i'm probably lyin but will do my best.. it may not be enuf!!)

I took a month to "Test" myself, now I know that I can live up to most
of this challenge. I'm in, in, in. :)

Being wheelchair bound, the exercise part will be a real challange. I'll
try to do some upperbody stretches or something. Haven't quite figured
that out yet. Looking forward to healthy, growing hair. Good luck to
all.

Sounds great
I'm so in!!! I'm a newbie too!

my personal challenge:

I have to exercise more
to drink at least 8 cups of water, I'm on a high protein diet to lose weight and I have to drink a lot of water anyway.
I already stretch my touch ups, I relax my hair every 20 weeks, sometimes I go to 6 months.
No direct heat, I didn't use direct heat since last february, so I think I'm going to use heat just for my next touch up, to check progress and then no direct heat for a while.

Last edited:
OK, I just realized something. Most relaxed ladies on this board flat iron their hair following a touch-up so that they can check their length. I was planning to do the same after I touch-up next week! Therefore, I will edit the Newbie Challenge rules to allow the use of direct heat ONLY immediately following your relaxer touch-up. The first rule has been changed:

1. No direct heat! Put those flatirons away! Use of a bonnet or hood dryer is allowed.
EDIT: You are *only* allowed to use direct heat (blowdryer, flat iron) immediately following a touch-up, so you can check your length.

I'm new to the board and am very excited about joining this challenge along with the LHC Boot Camp challenge, so I'm in. By following all the advice and being motivated by all the success stories of all the others on this site, I hope to have a nice, healthy, full head of hair by this time next year.

Happy Growing!!

I've been lurking for quite a while... I think its time to finally join a challenge. And my next perm isn't until february so its perfect timing. I just hope I can stick to the regimine...drinking water is going to be the hardest part.

Count me in, lets do it!
http://public.fotki.com/creamandsugar/
no password required.

BSL by 6/12/2007.

vitamins: Biotin, flaxseed oil, and multi-vitamin.

When not outdoors, my hair is wrapped in a silk scarf and the ends of my hair are treated with coconut oil, suave professionals humuctent deep conditioner, and ic mist.

I drink 2-3 glasses of water with lemon to clean my system.

I'm in too. I haven't used heat since September and I'm new as of this month and started using the suggestions from this board about a week ago:user: , so a 3 month challenge is just what I need. Drinking water is not for me, but I'll try and drink more, along with vitamins and a work-out routine. Happy hair hunting:cool:

Hey I'm in! I'm new to the boards as well. This will be a great way for me to be more consistant with maintaining a healthy diet, and hair regimen.

Last edited:
Back