"Fireproof" - The Movie!

Nice & Wavy

Here's a synopsis of the movie:

Lt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. Inside burning buildings, it's his natural instinct. In the cooling embers of his marriage, it's another story.

After a decade of marriage, Caleb and Katherine Holt have drifted so far apart that they are ready to move on without each other. Yet as they prepare to enter divorce proceedings, Caleb's dad asks his son to try an experiment: The Love Dare.

While hoping The Love Dare has nothing to do with his parents' newfound faith, Caleb commits to the challenge. But can he attempt to love his wife while avoiding God's love for him? Will he be able to demonstrate love over and over again to a person that's no longer receptive to his love? Or is this just another marriage destined to go up in smoke?

I really felt the following post by a poster on a website regarding this movie and it touched my heart.

I recently had the worst year of my marraige and thought that it was over for my wife and me. I let pride and anger rule over me even though I called myself a christian. I thought I could control my wife and force her to love me and almost lost her on the way. I watched Facing the Giants and saw that with God all things are possible.

I surrounded myself with Godly music and started getting back into the Word. I started praying on my knees. Things were getting better but still not the best. Then I saw Flywheel and saw that I should dedicate everything to the Lord for His will. I dedicated my marraige to Him. Honor my wife for His honor. Things are better and getting better everyday.

Then I saw previews for FireProof. I was floored. I am a fireman also and just the previews alone reminded me of how I was and how my marraige was. I was a hero in others eyes because of the recent California fires but not in my wife's eyes. I cant wait for the movie.

I cant wait to see what the Lord has to teach me through the new Kendricks movie.

momi

Anyone planning on seeing this tomorrow? We are having church tmw night - so I plan to make some time to check it out on Saturday...

mango387

I am not married, but would I be out of order to suggest this movie to a Christian friend who is really struggling in her marriage? I want them to make it:yep:.

planodiva

Just your continued support my be a good idea. Even though you are not married, It may be good for you to go or take your girlfriend and you both go. Just my suggestion

momi

Just returned from the theatre. This move was sooo good. My husband was embarassed and kept telling me to shush! I had on a scarf and I kept waving it around in the air like I was shouting!

This is a must see for singles and married alike - we need to support movies like this so that more theaters will carry them. It was so nice to see a movie where I did not feel like I needed a bath when I left the theatre.

Nice & Wavy

Just returned from the theatre. This move was sooo good. My husband was embarassed and kept telling me to shush! I had on a scarf and I kept waving it around in the air like I was shouting!

This is a must see for singles and married alike - we need to support movies like this so that more theaters will carry them. It was so nice to see a movie where

I'm so happy that you went to see the movie, momi! Wow, I can't wait to go see it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Puddles

On Cloud 9

That's the kind of smiley we need around here. :yep:

I'm definitely going to go see this. It was #4 on the Movie top 5. :yep:

planodiva

This is a must see for singles and married alike - we need to support movies like this so that more theaters will carry them. It was so nice to see a movie where I did not feel like I needed a bath when I left the theatre.

I just know your scarf waving in the air was too funny. Glad you liked it. I really want to see it too

discobiscuits

That's the kind of smiley we need around here. :yep:

I'm definitely going to go see this. It was #4 on the Movie top 5. :yep:

here ya go:

the link for the smiley: http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0005.gif

momi

What if???

What if Christians only spent their money on things that lined up with God's will and direction for our lives?

What if we only bought tickets for movies that did not have profanity in them and ridiculously unnecessary sex scenes?

What if we only purchased music that lifted up women and not put them down.

What if we only participated in things that we lovely and edifying?

What if we taught our children scripture and turned the tv???

What if we taught our daughters by word and example what a Godly woman acts and looks like?

What if???

We could change this world.

That is all.

foxxymami

Thanks for this announcement N&W!

Was this previewed on televeision?? I'm almost afraid to say that it wasn't!

Well I just read the yahoo reviews and I'm so excited! Me and SO are going to go see this TONIGHT!

Nice & Wavy

Thanks for this announcement N&W!

Was this previewed on televeision?? I'm almost afraid to say that it wasn't!

Well I just read the yahoo reviews and I'm so excited! Me and SO are going to go see this TONIGHT!

Ooohhhh, I'm so excited...let us know!!!

foxxymami

Did anyone see it yet!

Me and SO saw it tonight and it was good; even SO was like yeah that movie was real cool! I had tears in my eyes by the end. It really moved me, and I think its a good movie about commitment, forgiveness, faithfulness, and trust in God among other things. Go see it, you'll like it :drunk:

Angelicus

After watching 5 minutes of this movie at church, I just couldn't go see the movie. The movie has an awesome plot but I rather watch the book. I love Kirk Cameron but I can't stand to watch a movie with bad actors... no matter the subject. Does this movie have a book? If so, please IM me and let me know. Thanks