Flat iron = no frizz.. who knew!

sweetcocoa

I came from a hot and sweaty(dancing) class reunion with hair the was slightly 'messy'...but frizz less. I have always had such a problem with frizz. I was still not convinced so yesterday it was humid didn't protect my hair ... when I got home...no frizz. I went to aerobics class...my hairline frizzed a little...but after applying serum and wrapping my hair this morning my hair looks freshly ironed.

Now I have a problem and a question...

I'm becoming addicted to the iron (I need to get back to the constant moisturizing with water and protective styles

and

I'm wondering if I could have stayed natural and got the same results of no frizz as I get since I texturized?

PrettyBrownEyes

Sweet Cocoa, you're lovin' that flat iron style huh? I too prefer my hair styled that way over roller setting and I've been slacking off with the rollersets but, I am monitoring the condition of my hair.

I think you'll be okay, just keep a close eye on the condition of your hair.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Cocoa, you're lovin' that flat iron style huh? I too prefer my hair styled that way over roller setting and I've been slacking off with the rollersets but, I am monitoring the condition of my hair.

I think you'll be okay, just keep a close eye on the condition of your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl I check my ends every morning...
It's good thing I don't intend to use it more than once a week. After this weekend I'm cutting back to once every 2 weeks.... Tonight I'm gonna shampoo and put it in a bun and rinse the rest of the week until Saturday then I'll air dry before ironing it. I don't want my hair to start drying out...

nita4

Sweetcocoa,

Do you plan on going six months before your next retouch? Because if you do, you'll definately know if you could have stayed natural and got the same results with the flat iron. As long as you limit your heat useage, you'll be fine.

Best to you, watch the heat, but enjoy the "no frizz" hair!!

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa,

Do you plan on going six months before your next retouch? Because if you do, you'll definately know if you could have stayed natural and got the same results with the flat iron. As long as you limit your heat useage, you'll be fine.

Best to you, watch the heat, but enjoy the "no frizz" hair!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think about that...yes, I will be able to tell then. Thanks!
Oh, and I've already gone back to my regular routine of daily shampoo or rinsing. I'm not going to flatiron but every 2 weeks or so. I think I have the initial facination out of my system now.....