Flat iron or pressing comb?

br0wney3z

This isn't the old school pressing comb I'm talking about, this is the electric one that has temperature settings. My flatiron isn't anything special either, just a ceramic one that i picked up at Sally's for about $30. I am currently 11 weeks post (I think) and I need to do something with all this NG. Which do you think is the lesser of 2 evils?

I got one of those.... Frankly I don't agree with using the pressing comb route... It ripped my NG clean out of my scalp fooling with that. Besides, scalp burns suck. I think a flat iron is OK on a warm setting. Find one of those thin 1/2" flat irons.

How much longer do you got to stretch?

im going to go with a flat iron. hot combs remind me of my traumatic childhood hair and my mom using her electric hot comb to try and tame my tangles well that and some tbc hair grease. wash days were not fun at my house.

heck NO @ the hot comb! use the flat iron instead. i still have a electric one stored away in my closet and have not touched that eveil thing since the first time i tried it. its a bad idea to use it on the newgrowth. i tried it and my hair broke off real bad

Ya'll are right, I didn't even think about the ripping through my NG part of it:wallbash:. I'm trying to stretch till Feb 1st (not really by choice though, that's just when I'll have enough cash flow to spend the $70 I pay to get it done) that will make it a 14 week stretch total. Thanks for you input ladies:grin:

heck NO @ the hot comb! use the flat iron instead. i still have a electric one stored away in my closet and have not touched that eveil thing since the first time i tried it. its a bad idea to use it on the newgrowth. i tried it and my hair broke off real bad

BTW, I just finished stalking your album and you made great progress in '07; its especially gotten A LOT thicker, what is you reggie?

im going to go with a flat iron. hot combs remind me of my traumatic childhood hair and my mom using her electric hot comb to try and tame my tangles well that and some tbc hair grease. wash days were not fun at my house.

We are so >><<<. I hated that thing. Burnt the heck out of my ears and forehead w/all that hot wet grease.

I apologize. I meant to say - use the flat iron!:yep:

flat iron, all the way. I just got a 1'' trim last weekend due to some major damage from hard pressess and plan on getting another 1-2'' trim.

Flat iron all the way!

I actually had one of those electric pressing combs back in the day as a natural. The metal prongs are very jagged and caused breakage every time I used it...you could actually hear it slicing into my strands:perplexed.

This isn't the old school pressing comb I'm talking about, this is the electric one that has temperature settings. My flatiron isn't anything special either, just a ceramic one that i picked up at Sally's for about $30. I am currently 11 weeks post (I think) and I need to do something with all this NG. Which do you think is the lesser of 2 evils?
I threw my hot comb away. It was an electric one as you described and was destructive to my hair. I didn't replace it with a flat iron, I just learned how to style without heat.

BTW, I just finished stalking your album and you made great progress in '07; its especially gotten A LOT thicker, what is you reggie?

around that time I was exercising like CRAZY. i slowed down and then just took 30 min-hour long walks in the park daily. eating LOTS of brocolli, grilled chicken , drinking tons of water daily and taking my iron and multivitamin daily, washing at least once a week, and not applying heat to my hair except for rollersets. i experienced major growth within 9 weeks alone. i have been slipping though :nono: i havent exercised in a long time.

Back